This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Eagles can't (or rather WON'T) run worth ****, that's their problem. I doubt they'll make the playoffs.
    Yeah - we've gone from "Can we make it back to the Super Bowl" to "Can we make it back to the playoffs." Eagles look BAD this year.

Oh well.... Ryan Howard! Rookie of the Year!!
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• I'm laughing all the way. I can't stand teams that think they don't need to run the ball. I hated the Rams for the same reason. But they did get one superbowl. I really thought the Titans could beat them.

Comment

• The Rams DID run that year. Vermeil knows you gotta run... Martz doesn't.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• yeah, I always did like Vermeil better than Martz. In fact, I think Martz is a terrible coach. I was kind of hoping Vermeil would have more success in KC, but he still has to learn to get a better defense. The Rams didn't really need the defense in 2000, but that was a fluke year. In most cases, you need some sort of defense.

Comment

• Actually in the 1999 season (when Vermeil won the Superbowl), the Rams were 4th in points allowed and 7th in yards allowed. They had a very good defense. And in 2001 season, when Martz led them to the big game, the Rams were 7th in points allowed and 3rd in yards allowed.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• really? maybe it just didn't seem like they had that good of a defense.

Comment

• Yea, the Rams were good on both sides of the ball.

I do remember when Marshall Faulk ran out onto the field in 2001 shouting "Tonight, a dynasty is born!" or something.

Right statement, wrong team

Comment

• T.O. is gone for the rest of the season...

Terrell Owens will not play for the Philadelphia Eagles again this season.

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy .

I guess they put him on the Keyshawn plan (though Keyshawn was a far less of a problem... and was made a scapegoat really).

Comment

• Goddammit... good thing I have Hines Ward and Plax Burress to fill the gap.

Comment

• Hehe, every time I make a blockbuster fantasy football trade, the player I trade away is lost for the season. Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, TO...
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• This is one of those games that I'm actually excited about. I hope Manning can get the monkey off his back this year.

Comment

• The monkey is excited too.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Um.. Indy is looking pretty good, aren't they?

Comment

• Impressive... Colts stay undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                                X