Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady had a passer rating of over 120. Hmm, looks like the correlation between passer rating and winning may not be perfect.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• haha. Goodbye T.O. And just before the Dallas game too. I guess he won't be dancing on the star (I think that was him- or was it some other trouble maker wide reciever).

Why is it always the wide recievers who are the trouble makers? Not the other positions.

Comment

• Because the attributes prized in wide recievers: cockyness, wanting the ball, etc., can go too far.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Not surprisingly, T.O. is gonna get his way again.

He'll either be released (and then get signed by another team who will come closer to matching his demands than Philadelphia did - just you watch; talent always supercedes sanity) or be traded with his current deal (which would get redone to T.O.'s wishes as a condition of the trade). His cost: $800,000, the amount he's fined for the suspension. (The Eagles will have to pay him during the deactivation.)

Amazing.

Can't say I don't love it, though. Buh-bye, Philly. I'll enjoy watching karma catch up with y'all!

(BTW: This is precisely why I didn't draft him again even though I had the chance to. This was inevitable.)
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• this is the end of the patriots dynasty
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• btw, wtf is wrong with terrell owens?

he is an amazing physical talent...

he can go to a lot of teams in the nfl and make them into legitimate super bowl contenders...

he has a ton of money

he has all the fame

he has one of the best qb's in the game passing to him

all he has to do is go out and play ball

BUT WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SUCH A ****ING DOUCHEBAG???

seriously!!!?!?

I don't understand it!!!

does this guy not care about winning a super bowl?

wtf is wrong with him?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                this is the end of the patriots dynasty
                Not necessarily, Sava. Yes, I think that New England can now forget about this year, but without all the injuries, I think they'll be right back contending again next year. The law of averages just finally caught up to the Houdini act Belichick's been pulling the last couple of years (especially last year). Four titles in six years would match Chuck Noll's Steelers.
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark
                  Not surprisingly, T.O. is gonna get his way again.

He'll either be released (and then get signed by another team who will come closer to matching his demands than Philadelphia did - just you watch; talent always supercedes sanity) or be traded with his current deal (which would get redone to T.O.'s wishes as a condition of the trade). His cost: $800,000, the amount he's fined for the suspension. (The Eagles will have to pay him during the deactivation.)
                  Totally disagree. He has consigned himself to reant-a-receiver status, the sort of guy you give incentive laden contracts with an eye towards dumping him before year two. The Eagles will be stuck paying a portion of his contract, but then, they did bring this upon themselves all for the purpose of winning just 2 games... and only winning one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark

Not necessarily, Sava. Yes, I think that New England can now forget about this year, but without all the injuries, I think they'll be right back contending again next year. The law of averages just finally caught up to the Houdini act Belichick's been pulling the last couple of years (especially last year). Four titles in six years would match Chuck Noll's Steelers.
                    well, I think they will be a good team in the AFC next year, but not Super Bowl contenders...

their time has passed...

this is just a different NFL... too much player movement to sustain a dynasty... sure, some key players will be there, and there's always the cliches about parity, injuries, and any given sunday...

but I just don't see it happening

plus, next year is DA BEARS year!!!

(I need some hope OKAY! )
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I also think that Pats secondary will kill 'em unless they seriously decide to address it. They got away with it last year. That mistake won't happen again.

And Dillion doesn't look nearly like the back he was last season.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                        Totally disagree. He has consigned himself to reant-a-receiver status, the sort of guy you give incentive laden contracts with an eye towards dumping him before year two.
                        Yep... Chris Mortensen of ESPN just said this, after speaking to NFL GMs. They just don't want to sign him any longer than 1 or 2 years. Only the most desperate would offer him a long term deal, but there is no way TO is going to Baltimore or Cleveland or a team like that.

Comment

• TO could come to MN, we could use some help.

Comment

• BTW, I allways found it fitting that the Pats won the first Super Bowl after 9/11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
                              BTW, I allways found it fitting that the Pats won the first Super Bowl after 9/11.
                              Attached Files
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Now

we know what Sava really looks like.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X