No announcement yet.

Bush Administration wants an exception for CIA to commit torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which, btw, is quite ironic coming from Lincoln, who locked up newspapermen who reported the opposing side .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
      "Let the People know the facts and the country will be saved." Abraham Lincoln
      Loose lips sink ships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Originally posted by Ted Striker
        "Let the People know the facts and the country will be saved." Abraham Lincoln
        Loose lips sink ships.
        ...but didn't sink the Clinton Administration.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Loose lips sink ships.
          Don't go around torturing people DUH - Ted Striker
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Which, btw, is quite ironic coming from Lincoln, who locked up newspapermen who reported the opposing side .
            While you are 100% correct, he certainly had a better track record of leadership than the current guy.

Certainly his jailing those journalist is not to be condoned, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

"General Lee is about to destroy our Army? Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
            Last edited by Ted Striker; November 8, 2005, 23:18.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's hard to argue that these leakers aren't worth going after when you treated the un-important Plame kerfluffle as a dangerous breach of national security.
              Outing agents and their former fronts is not important? How do you think her former contacts feel about that? I'd be sh*tting bricks. And I sure would have learned a lesson, dont trust the US. Dontchya think this will further limit recruitment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                Don't go around torturing people DUH - Ted Striker
                Wait, I thought we were just dueling quotes.

Comment

• We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oops, I meant this one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• ****ing black background

Comment

• I prefer

Comment

• We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Outing agents and their former fronts is not important?

It's been investigated for two years and there's still no proof that a crime took place or any damage was done to CIA operations. The whole Plame matter looks like nothing more than run-of-the-mill Washington infighting.

Of course, if you want to consider it a big deal, your free to that opinion. But if the outing of Plame was a big deal, what does that make the outing of an entire system of covert CIA prisons? If you think the Plame leak was worth investigating, I don't see how you can argue that this leak isn't...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Of course damage was done, even if all of her former contacts, and the contacts of ALL the other people using her front, are never found out (something no 2 year "investigation" could discover), the damage is to recruitment.

How do you turn people to your side when they cant trust you?

Every intel agency in the world looks through their records whenever an agent is outed. Thats how rings are exposed, Drake. If the ring no longer exists, the individuals who made it up are still vulnerable.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I just don't find Plame's outing to be that important, especially when compared to other CIA secrets that have been outed recently. I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X