Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sphinx871

That never gets old does it?

What conservatives on this board (or anywhere for that matter) have said respectfully disagreeing with Republican policies = hating freedom? Where did you get this from?

Honestly, it's been quite some time ago, that I don't remember exactly anymore the origin of that phrase.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• There have been times in the last few years when you simply could not overstate the idiocy of conservatives in their condemnations of people disagreeing with the Pres. Thankfully it's more of a joke these days, and let's not begrudge Mr. Fun actually posting something fun these days

Comment

• I'm just curious about specific examples. Even nuts like Coulter haven't said anything close to that so it didn't make much sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

Unlike you I'm not so ignorant as to defend a position that is wrong according to every definition in every dictionary.
          Except the one I just happened to pick out and you didn't.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm just curious about specific examples. Even nuts like Coulter haven't said anything close to that so it didn't make much sense.
            You're joking, right? Don't they have newspapers where you live?

Looks like at least you have access to the internet. Try googling "liberals hate freedom". I just did, and got over eight hundred hits. Then try "liberals traitors treason" (over seven hundred hits). You might also do a quick search on Coulter's writings about liberals.

After that you can apologize to Mr. Fun.
            Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker

Except the one I just happened to pick out and you didn't.
              So you admit that all of the others show that you were wrong. And you accuse me of cherry picking the evidence?
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by mindseye
                You're joking, right? Don't they have newspapers where you live?

Looks like at least you have access to the internet. Try googling "liberals hate freedom". I just did, and got over eight hundred hits.

You're joking, right? If you'd care to take two seconds and look through the list, you'd see it's simply clone after clone of the same exact article by some loon named Nathan Tabor, who apparently bought himself a prestigous-sounding domain name, and later LOST the primary for a congressional seat in North Carolina. The rest look like ridiculous blog and forum posts. A truly representative sample; the boys at Gallup should give you a job.

Originally posted by mindseye
                Then try "liberals traitors treason" (over seven hundred hits). You might also do a quick search on Coulter's writings about liberals.

After that you can apologize to Mr. Fun.
                The hits in that search are so many because of the controversy over Coulter's book "Treason." AFAICS it was a silly attempt to vindicate McCarthy using recently-declassified Venona Papers (the segment the title generally refers to), and later generally argue against the left's foreign policy beliefs and alleged distortion of history. I admit I haven't read the book and never would, but looking at several summaries and reviews I don't see any implication she brazenly declares that people who have an honest disagreement with the Bush Administration's foreign policy decisions "hate freedom."

Find me a specific example of a major conservative voice saying that people who have come to the conclusion that Bush's decisions are misguided "hate freedom" and I'll blow you in Times Square.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

So you admit that all of the others show that you were wrong.
                  And you accuse me of cherry picking the evidence?

No.

Yes. You did the whole "dictionary" thing and then cherry picked a specific line when there were multiple definitions.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Find me a specific example of a major conservative voice saying that people who have come to the conclusion that Bush's decisions are misguided "hate freedom" and I'll blow you in Times Square.
                    Can it really be possible you are unaware of this? "xxx hates freedom!" or "xxx hates us for our freedom!" comments, including Mr. Fun's if I'm not mistaken, are parodies of the celebrated absurdity:

Americans are asking, why do they hate us? (...) They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other

That was Dubya, in September 2001. He went on to repeat variations of "terrorists hate freedom" in so many speeches that "xxx hates freedom!" entered the political lexicon as a standard snarky rejoinder to explain positions at odds with those of the president or others of his thinking.

I guess I'll take that blowjob in Peoples Square, not Times Square, okay?
                    Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
                    X