No announcement yet.

Bush Administration wants an exception for CIA to commit torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did I get personal? You responded to a question of mine and I explored the logical inferences that could be drawn from your response. Nothing personal about it.
    What an incredibly pathetic thing to write...
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Exposing illegal activities is generally a good thing.

I agree, but I'm not sure it applies in either case here. Then again, I think leaks may be a good thing even in cases where the activities being exposed aren't illegal. The net benefit to the public in bringing classified information to light seems to outweigh the negative benefits.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
        What an incredibly pathetic thing to write...
        You're going to have to do better than that if you want to bait me...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I really thought you were right, DD, but...

GOP LEADERS TO LAUNCH NEW 'LEAK' PROBE; INFO TO WASH POST 'DAMAGED NATIONAL SECURITY'
          Tue Nov 08 2005 11:36:31 ET

Sources tell Drudge that early this afternoon House Speaker Hastert and Senate Majority Leader Frist will announce a bicameral investigation into the leak of classified information to the WASHINGTON POST regarding the gblack sitesh where high value al Qaeda terrorists are being held and interrogated.

CIA Moves Toward Probe of Prisons Story

WASHINGTON - The CIA took the first step toward a criminal investigation of a leak of possibly classified information on secret prisons to The Washington Post, a U.S. official said Tuesday.

KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Thanks, but already posted a thread on that:
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• So? We were discussing the possibility of such a turn of events in this thread long before you made a new one...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Go ahead and point to those posts that announced this new leak probe.

Comment

• That whole leak investigation is just absolutley surreal.

"Hey we're going to hunt you down for turning us in for doing things we weren't supposed to be doing in the first place!"

This place has gone to hell.

The Pentagon asked the Washington Post to withhold the names of the European nations where the prisons are located. One of the suspected countries is Poland.

How fitting, considering the number of extermination camps that were previously located there.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    Go ahead and point to those posts that announced this new leak probe.
                    There aren't any posts announcing it, but I asked about the possibility of such a probe days ago...

That whole leak investigation is just absolutley surreal.

I don't really support an investigation, but it's a sign of things to come; the dogged pursuit of the leakers in the Plame case has set a worrisome precendent. It's hard to argue that these leakers aren't worth going after when you treated the un-important Plame kerfluffle as a dangerous breach of national security.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well, then my thread is legitimate. It is a seperate piece of news from the exemption Cheney seeks. But, given it seems likely a Republican leaked the info he/she received from the secret Republican meeting on the matter the day before the WaPo article, your question's answer from DD is probably still 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

That whole leak investigation is just absolutley surreal.

I don't really support an investigation, but it's a sign of things to come; the dogged pursuit of the leakers in the Plame case has set a worrisome precendent. It's hard to argue that these leakers aren't worth going after when you treated the un-important Plame kerfluffle as a dangerous breach of national security.
                        QFBS, but what else is new?

Comment

• Well, then my thread is legitimate.

I never said it wasn't. I'm just saying that my posting of the information in here is justified as well.

QFBS, but what else is new?

It's not my fault you and your allies didn't think through the consequences of your actions. The media, which is usually friendly to your side, depends on leaks for its stories. Given that, did you really think that using an unimportant leak as a club to attack the President with was a good idea? Odds are that leak investigations will become more common now, which will lead to potential leakers keeping their mouths shut, which will eventually lead to fewer juicy exposes in the newspapers. You shot yourselves in the foot...
                          Last edited by Drake Tungsten; November 8, 2005, 22:25.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            It's not my fault you and your allies didn't think through the consequences of your actions. The media, which is usually friendly to your side, depends on leaks for its stories. Given that, did you really think that using an unimportant leak as a club to attack the President with was a good idea?
                            As I said, "QFBS, but what else is new?"

Comment

• I like that philosophy Drake.

Your boys **** up time after time and do criminal things and you continue to blame it on partisan politics when someone actually holds them accountable for it. (Even though the whistleblower in the prison case is a GOP Senator).

We should just have one party, that usually works out well.

Then you won't have to worry about accountability at all.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "Let the People know the facts and the country will be saved." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X