My roommate won't use soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My roommate won't use soap

He thinks shampoo is ok. Me and my other two roommates think this is crazy but can't convince him to use soap. I need suggestions.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Get a hot female friend to tell him he'll never get laid without soap.

Done and done.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah, I like Guy's suggestion. Unless he's gay, and then use a hot male friend .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
        Get a hot female friend to tell him he'll never get laid without soap.

Done and done.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't use soap either, just body wash because soap really dries my skin out. Maybe you could buy him body wash and get him to use that instead of shampoo.

Comment

Actually he has a disturbingly young girlfriend that he has been with for a few years.

And actually I did get him body wash. Still a no go. He'll only use shampoo.

Need more suggestions.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If all else fails, just beat the **** outta him.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Get a new roommate, one that can properly clean himself.

Comment

What the hell is his argument for not using soap?
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

What's the point of using soap?
                    If you shampoo every day that's plenty...
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Are you saying that he's using shampoo to wash his body? Or are you saying he only washes his hair?

If he's using shampoo as body wash, I really don't see a problem -- shampoo is soap, of a sort. Unless he's using dandruff shampoo; that stuff would really do a number on your skin.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Well does he stink? The ingredients in shampoo and body wash are probably quite similar. If he showers daily, then I'm sure this is more of a problem conforming to social norms than maintaining hygene. Though I agree it is very weird.

Comment

I think he's saying that he only washes his hair.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If he only washes his hair, beat him with a laundry bag full of soap every night until he starts using it.

Comment

No, he washes his body with the shampoo too. But he only washing the important areas according to him. I don't know what those are exactly. I know they don't include the legs though because he has skin problems a lot and he argued that he got rid of one of them when he finally put the shampoo directly on his leg as opposed to letting the suds wash down onto it.

So apparently letting suds wash down are the main form of cleaning the body.

Comment

Working...
                              X