Tired of Hollywood movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom

If she uses strawberry flavoured douches, why not ?

But I do like 'Desert Hearts'- as do a lot of straight men I know. Wonder why...

Ah, now I recall- that and the nude sex scenes.

Still, a good story and a stormin' soundtrack. I liked the cinematography, especially in the landscape shots.
    I'm kind of over my lesbian sex fascination phase now (I've seen too much and had to hear about much more) but perhaps this film will rekindle the romance.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

If she uses strawberry flavoured douches, why not ?
      Strawberry douche
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

I'm kind of over my lesbian sex fascination phase now (I've seen too much and had to hear about much more) but perhaps this film will rekindle the romance.

It is actually a very good film indeed.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I "think" the lesbian sex scene thing went out of style last year, so hopefully we're over it.

Lesbians

However, most lesbian scenes were all about obnoxiuos shock value.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Some to try

French: Jean De Florette
            Mon Oncle D'Amerique

Japanese:Seven Samurai

German: The Marriage of Maria Braun
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
              thanks so far, for the advice

1. City Of God
              2. ?
              3. ?
              Das Boot

Btw, if I read through the thread, I do find more recommendations than just that one.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by lord of the mark
                Some to try

French: Jean De Florette
                Mon Oncle D'Amerique

]Japanese:Seven Samurai

German: The Marriage of Maria Braun [/QUOTE

Seven Samaurai are always in any 10 best movies ever lists.

Cinema Paradiso is a great movie too, 80% of ther people watching it always cry at the end, with the music, and the rest try very hard not to cry.
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Halloween's coming. You should rent the very best version of the Dracula story: Werner Herzog's Nosferatu (1979).

Actually, you could also rent the original, silent Nosferatu and the American indie film Shadow of the Vampire (a deranged fantasia about the making of the original Nosferatu) and have yourself one hell of a triple feature.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                    Halloween's coming. You should rent the very best version of the Dracula story: Werner Herzog's Nosferatu (1979).

Actually, you could also rent the original, silent Nosferatu and the American indie film Shadow of the Vampire (a deranged fantasia about the making of the original Nosferatu) and have yourself one hell of a triple feature.

That's precisely what we did for our film discussion group here in Knoxville!

Laura and I saw the Herzog as well but it wasn't required.

Comment

seen the original Nosferatu

Have you seen the original Metropolis?
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Years ago. Nowhere near soon enough for me to comment intelligently about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

That's precisely what we did for our film discussion group here in Knoxville!

Laura and I saw the Herzog as well but it wasn't required.
                          Your next two films are two of my favorites, too. What a cool group you have there!
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                            seen the original Nosferatu

Have you seen the original Metropolis?
                            Love it. In fact, back when I was a film professor, I taught it every semester.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Your next two films are two of my favorites, too. What a cool group you have there!
                              We felt nothing captured that holiday feeling like a viewing of The Grifters.

If anybody wants to see an American alternative movie, I cannot recommend Rize highly enough. It just came out on DVD and you need to put this at the top of your netflix queue.

What these kids have done to dance... it's quite an innovation. Amazing stuff. I want to go see it again just from remembering it - and it's been two months since I saw it (at the local African-American film festival).

Comment

A couple American modern movies I would recommend

1. Momento
                                2. Stigmata
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X