Tired of Hollywood movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just watched starwars III
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

What? You were the chosen one, WTF???
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        What? You were the chosen one, WTF???
        The biggest plot hole in Star Wars Episodes 1-3 involves Anakin being the "Chosen One" who brings balance to the force. Why in the world would the Jedi want to balance the force? They were the galatic police force, and the light side was absolutely in power. Balancing the force would logically mean that the light side would become less powerful. Didn't the Jedi ever even think of that? They should have just left Anakin on Tatooine... then the whole Galactic Empire never could have materialized.
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I never thought about that, but then again you make a good point. The galaxy was relativley peaceful and orderly before he showed up on the scene, the should have left his azz on the planet.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
            I just watched German movie "Downfall" (Der Untergang)

5 stars out 5

AWESOME MOVIE

It was pretty good. Not many surprising plot twists, though. Well, assuming you know your WW2 history I gave it 4 stars out of 5

PS Goebbels wife, I'd hit it.

Apparently Gobbels did too, having 5 kids good lawd.
            Crazy Nazi women
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Mono: its obvious you've had no influence on my movie-watching
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

La Haine (french).. and it fits the today's theme of what happens in France too!

Kung Fu Hustle
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  In a very different vein, House of Flying Daggers and Hero both rocked.
                  Nah, they are rotten.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstrike
                    "Goodbye, Lenin" - An East German works to cover up the fall of the Berlin Wall from his patriotic mother. Its both hillarious and portrays the tribulations of residents of East Germany in the aftermath of the Wall's fall.
                    It's Shadowstrike! You have been gone for like 5 years.
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Nah, they are rotten.
                      Bah. The color scheme in Hero alone was worth the price of admission.

I also saw Motorcycle Diaries thsi weekend, and thought it was mighty fine; I especially liked the touch of shooting it with a handheld camera, so that, even though it takes place in the 1950s, it feels like a contemporary documentary rather than a fossilized "period piece."
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                        Bah. The color scheme in Hero alone was worth the price of admission.
                        Even in the fantasy world of Kung Fu films people still don't run around in those clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                          Mono: its obvious you've had no influence on my movie-watching
                          So, get with the program!

As of now, my approximate top 20 films:

1. brazil
                          2. the thief of bagdad (1924)
                          3. delicatessen
                          4. vertigo
                          5. gun crazy
                          6. the passion of joan of arc
                          7. jules et jim
                          8. metropolis (2002)
                          9. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
                          10. the apartment
                          11. by the law (1926)
                          12. sleeping beauty
                          13. catch-22
                          14. metropolis (1927)
                          15. the cameraman
                          16. TRON
                          17. twelve monkeys
                          18. the love of jeanne ney
                          19. the gold rush
                          20. this gun for hire

after the top ten, the ranking gets kind of muddy...
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

how is Hero rotten, urban ranger? impeccable cinematography, masterful staging, worthy acting, and an intricate, labyrinthine story that keeps you guessing right till the very end? I thought it was powerful.
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

Hero, Daggers, and Crouching aren't that popular in mainland China. Not sure why. They're just bigger budgeted versions of the regular kungfu flicks that are made here. Maybe the love stories aren't bathetic enough.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Saw "Ninth Company" (Devyataya Rota) yesterday.

here's a WHOLE SCRIPT :
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X