Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent goal too. That pitch looks perfect for a proper game, now it only needs to start pissing it down.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I think you know what I'm shocked at today...
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That i did so badly in the fantasy premier league this week?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I think you know what I'm shocked at today...
          Chelsea didn't win?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I think you know what I'm shocked at today...
            That Alan Shearer is off to Munich for a hernia operation?
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Shocked at how lucky ManU were?
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• You just found out Lily Savage is really a man?

Comment

• Good for the competition though.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Maybe but did it have to be that donkey Fletcher? Silenced his critics my arse, he's still **** but now he's also a bit lucky.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• The real disappointment is that I briefly hoped it would shut Mourinho up for 5 mins. Unfortunately not.
                      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Of course not, he accurately summed up the game.

manu played well on the day
                        but chelsea were still better
                        manu's goal was lucky
                        we were the only team trying to score in the second half
                        they spent a lot of time timewasting second half
                        and it was a game played in good spirit and with a good referee

Are any of those not true?

My (impartial) friend who I was watching the game with said that in the second half it was almost getting embarassing (like watching the league team batter the non-league team in the FA cup earlier). Although they didn't manage to score either.

ManU were vastly better than they have been recently though, first 30 minutes they were doing really well and just when Chelsea had their first really good spell ManU scored againt the run of play then it was all Chelsea.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                          Are any of those not true?
                          Yes. Chelsea were not the only team trying to score in the second half. It's true that they were much the better side, that Man Utd had lots of men behind the ball and at time were just hacking it upfield. The reason for that is because Chelsea were the better side. Chelsea had a huge territorial advantage in the second half, but it wasn't for want of trying on Man Utd's part. They were simply outplayed once Gudjohnsen came on in. It wasn't as though they "put the bus in front of the goal" and were trying to play out till full time. When Chelsea made mistakes Man Utd showed a lot of effort to attack IMHO. Even in the last few minutes Utd fired in crosses instead of protecting the ball in the corner.

Also, I think Man Utd had the best chance of the half when RVN shot over.

My (impartial) friend who I was watching the game with said that in the second half it was almost getting embarassing

That's too strong. United were outplayed in the second half, certainly, but it was not that much of mis-match by a long way. For all Chelsea's pressure they only created two decent chances. That's not what I'd call a battering.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• ITS OFFICIAL!!

Liverpool FC are the best team in the world!!!

Die IFFHS ist die ultimative Quelle für Fakten und Zahlen zum Lieblingssport. Mit einer breiten Palette an Artikel, Awards und Statistiken bieten Sie eine

Comment

• And Club Brugge is stronger than Ajax, the Glaskow Rangers and AS Roma.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon
                                And Club Brugge is stronger than Ajax, the Glaskow Rangers and AS Roma.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
                                Who cares? They've got the top bit right!

Comment

Working...
                                X