X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an obesity problem.

IN MY PANTS!!!!!!!

whaaaaaaatttt
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      I have an obesity problem.

IN MY PANTS!!!!!!!

whaaaaaaatttt

You have a Hottentot bottom ? Or your Dad was a Bushman of the Kalahari ?

Baartman, who became known as the Hottentot Venus, was brought to Europe from Cape Town in 1810 by an English ship's surgeon who wished to publicly exhibit the woman's steatopygia, her enlarged buttocks.
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The bodybuilder's diet is the healthiest there is. The only question mark may be around a little too much protein, but athletes who work out intensively need a large amount.

I've known guys lose a lot of weight and because they didn't do any resistance training, get down to their "ideal" weight and still have a small pot belly. And skinny arms. They basically still look opre-pubescent because they only targeted the weight. Weight-lifting is so easy, more people should do it. It's cheap and gives you a kick to the metabolism.

nd as for Mobius and PH etc who say "your metabolism slows as you get older". No it doesn't Your metabolism slows when you do less exercise. As you get older you tend to drive everywhere, get lazier hobbies, and do **** all. That's why your metabolism slows down - not because of your age.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

plus if you spend your time building muscle instead of losing weight, its going to be much more efficient to lose weight in future.

If you are stronger, you can lift bigger weights (cycle further/harder etc) To lift those weights you have to fill them with potential energy, and that energy only comes from one place....you. The bigger the weights you can lift easily, the more energy you burn lifting those weights!

So spend some time getting strong, , then it wil be much easier to lose weight in future
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

It's difficult to identify one reason why people become obese. One reason maybe that there is a natural tendency to store fat when food is available, a survival trait that humans living in modern societies with an abundance of cheap food haven't lost. Another reason is that our diet has shifted towards calorie dense foods. Yet another is that food often becomes an emotional compensation for a stressful fastpaced lifestyle. Another factor is our artificially extended day - staying up at night increases weight. There is a natural feedback loop involving a protein called leptin which seems to play a major role regulating appetite. Some obese people develop a resistance to leptin, so their appetite doesn't shut down when they overeat.

Within the next 12 months there shouild be coming on the market new medicines that work on reducing the resistence to leptin. Only time will tell how effective these drugs will be.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
              plus if you spend your time building muscle instead of losing weight, its going to be much more efficient to lose weight in future.

If you are stronger, you can lift bigger weights (cycle further/harder etc) To lift those weights you have to fill them with potential energy, and that energy only comes from one place....you. The bigger the weights you can lift easily, the more energy you burn lifting those weights!

So spend some time getting strong, , then it wil be much easier to lose weight in future
              An extra 10lbs of muscle consumes around 500kcals per day.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I just wish I could put on 10lb of muscle as easy as I can put on 10lbs of fat!
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I have lost 30lbs in the last 3 months, and I have to say that the quantity of intake, and the kinds of foods I was eating were the sinlge biggest problem- mainly, too little water and insoluble fibers (from whole grains, vegetables and some fruits) and too many simple starches (white rice, pasta), which don't make you as full. BUt I am not on a Aykin's style diet plan-- whole grains and legumes are still the basic foundations of my diet.

I concur with PA ( ) about the issue of weight training- for about 3 months before, I lost about 10 lbs throught weight lifting alone- this may not have been very much, and personally I wasn't happy with that slow weight loss, but the thing was, once I decided to make a significant eating habit change, the weight started coming off at a safe, regular, and still speedy manner. I have also noticed far more muscle definition- I have no doubt that the extra muscle I built up with my training is a major factor in my relatively fast (but not unhealthyly fast) weight loss, and can see that that weight was fat, and not anything else.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I say let them die

nooo they will eventually run out of food and eat HUMAN FLESH!
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                      The bodybuilder's diet is the healthiest there is. The only question mark may be around a little too much protein
                      You know, you don't have to swallow.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        I have lost 30lbs in the last 3 months, and I have to say that the quantity of intake, and the kinds of foods I was eating were the sinlge biggest problem- mainly, too little water and insoluble fibers (from whole grains, vegetables and some fruits) and too many simple starches (white rice, pasta), which don't make you as full. BUt I am not on a Aykin's style diet plan-- whole grains and legumes are still the basic foundations of my diet.
                        wow

I would be estatic for 30 lbs loss

I try, and maybe do 10 in three months.. (usually 5.. and it will go away after a week of being naughty, for whatever reason)

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          Within the next 12 months there shouild be coming on the market new medicines that work on reducing the resistence to leptin. Only time will tell how effective these drugs will be.
                          Does obesity has something to do with genetics? It seems like everything does...
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                            nd as for Mobius and PH etc who say "your metabolism slows as you get older". No it doesn't Your metabolism slows when you do less exercise. As you get older you tend to drive everywhere, get lazier hobbies, and do **** all. That's why your metabolism slows down - not because of your age.
                            Yeah, well I've never been too hot on exercise at any point in my life...

Anyway this thread has shamed me into doing something about my lardy flab and sedentary lifestyle!

I've never been fatter or heavier in my life!
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

usually 5.. and it will go away after a week of being naughty, for whatever reason

You lose control of what you eat for a week and you gain weight, what a mystery
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

no, I am saying that there are many different reasons why I am 'naughty' for a week

like I am too busy (so eat out more, and exercise less), or I get depressed... or many other reasons...

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X