No announcement yet.

Why Do People let Themselves Get Obese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should not leave the table feeling a bit hungry. You should elave it feeling satisfied. What you should not do is leave it stuffed.

One is a sign you ate what you needed. The other is a sign you overate.

This of course is easier if you do snack around. Actually, it better to snack than to eat three large meals. If your body is getting a constant amount of food, even in small quantities, it won't go into famine mode, where its goal is to store as much as possible for the next famine cycle. That is why missing breakfast is a bad idea. If your body goes for 16 hours without food or so, form dinner to lunch, by then it has decided it better turn as much of your lunch as possible into body fat, cause obviously food is scarce, and who knows when the next meal will be.

The first 4 lbs I lost were simply by making myself eat breakfast regularly.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
      And in fact, in the UNited States, obesity is highest amongst the poor The wealthy have the money and the time to eat healthy.
      Obesity is chiefly a lower-class phenomenon here too, despite that living off pasta/potatoes/rice with low-grade meat (well, "meat" - the actual animal content may be as low as 20% in some sausages) and vegetables being much cheaper than buying ready dishes.

During his more extremely poor periods, my brother has been living for several days on food costing less than a single micropizza.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
        "One good rule is you should always leave the table feeling a bit hungry."

Why? Youre going to be snacking an hour later if you did that.
        Actually its an old Greco-Roman saying - derived from the "moderation in all things"philosophy.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Well eat moderately then and not starvation portions.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• I thought the (wealthy) Romans enjoyed bulimia parties.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
              Well eat moderately then and not starvation portions.
              who said anything about starvation portions?

Dauphin, the Roman elite, at least those who partied hard, departed from the philosophy of moderation
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• If you've just eaten Horse, then you shouldn't be feeling hungry..
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• you're too thick to get it, never mind eh?

Comment

Working...
                  X