No announcement yet.

Why Do People let Themselves Get Obese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly, I have the same experience of green vegetables. To be fair, I really don't like the things to this day...but I have learnt to work around that...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Actually, I still remember I bought my school dinner in the US for a dollar and a dime. That's going back around 20 years.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I remember some of the school dinners at primary school with loads of boiled cabbage, and I just remember this horrible smell to everything...

The same goes for PE (physical education) at school. The way I was always forced to do something like football or rugby when I couldn't stand that kind of thing really meant I grew up to hate sport, and I've noticed this in a lot of my friends too. It was always so competitive too, which also discouraged someone of my lack of ability. So it certainly wasn't very inclusive back then...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I was good at cricket and tennis, so I had fewer problems.

Although there was one crazy teacher who had a perverse pleasure in forcing us to play cricket with a pudding ball. Idiocy.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• That is exactly the kind of sh*t I am on about. So I reacted in the opposite way - I became more like the geek (although I always had too good social skills to be a geek) being very good at the academic side of things, especially the sciences...
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              That's what fruit is for. And some veggies work well raw - carrot for example...
              You know, the moment I read that I went straight to the fridge and got a carrot!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I had the same thought but had just eaten. I will probably have one tomorrow...
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• You want to try raw parsnip - you'd be amazed at how well it works
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• I find it entertaing for folks to think that fruits and veggies help you loose weight when in actuallity they do not. THey might be healthy eating but they in no way assist you on a diet alone. I hate to disagree with ya but to uch fruits and veggies is not heathy either. Say a person only likes bannas which by far is the cheapest fruit you can buy, eating 6 of them in way day can possibly kill you by sending your potassium level over the top.
                    Regradless if it is a choice to eat or take that first drink, addiction is still what it, is a disease. And the folks that over eat must be given the oppurtunity to get well through intervention by medical professional and loved ones.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• What exactly are you trying to say? That because someone enjoys food that they should be prevented from deciding what they eat?

You know, it strikes me as a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Personally I think people take it all too seriously...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• The natural thing must be to eat much when plenty of food is available, we enjoy fat food and eating because it has been essential to eat as much as possible when food's been available. Now with abundant food available always for some societys we suddenly have to fight our instincts of gorging down.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Well if a famine comes, I'm well equipped
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Personally I think people take it all too seriously...
                              Tell this to the folks undergoing the stomache stapling surgery.
                              For me I do take this serious i happen to have a child that some consider overweight. My son is 14 6'3 and weighs 245 is he fat probably to you guys. Has the skinny population F**ked with him hell yes they have, is it right no its not. This kid does not over eat I have seen him eat hell i prepare his meals. He is a big kid and well oly get taller. He excercises and works out. The kid was playing football till he tore his achilles tendon again. Fre my kid his gentics for being fat are on his dads side who continues to struggle with weight. I on the other hand am not fat by any means, and try to remain a postive influence on the eating habits of all my kids
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I am hardly skinny myself, I am short though (169cm) which makes things awkward in terms of weight. This is what I mean by people taking things too seriously, sometimes society's obsession with skinniness is overwhelming - it's one of the reasons why I have next to no confidence with the opposite sex coupled with my height.
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X