Naughty Vatican (gay thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Then what's the point of taking a vow of celibacy! If you are insulated from women, it really isn't anything big, is it? You aren't facing temptation and winning, you are cheating to make it absurdly easy.

Yes, put them together, then we'll see who the true faithful are and who are lying through their teeth!
    Because without the vow of celibacy, you're just the navy with less gay clothing.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

And less sailing of the seven seas.....

Comment

Then what's the point of taking a vow of celibacy! If you are insulated from women, it really isn't anything big, is it? You aren't facing temptation and winning, you are cheating to make it absurdly easy.
        Then I suggest you try living in a monastery and dealing with the temptation before gaging the vow to be absurdly easy. I spent a weekend in a monastery, which I did enjoy for the peace and quiet structure, but I could not take such a vow, without quitting the monastery.

Yes, put them together, then we'll see who the true faithful are and who are lying through their teeth!
        Yes, let us flay them and see if they renounce Christ!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I tend to doubt it since homosexuality and pedophilia are two entirely different animals.
          80% of the abuse victims are boys. If there were no such connection, one would expect to see a less skewed ratio.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

And how many altar girls are there? As a proportion?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

I spent a weekend in a monastery, which I did enjoy for the peace and quiet structure, but I could not take such a vow, without quitting the monastery.

Too many hot strapping monks for you there, Ben?
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Too many hot strapping monks for you there, Ben?
                No, I missed the women.

Comment

And how many altar girls are there? As a proportion?
                  Since they permit them? I honesty don't know.

Comment

You just said you couldn't take a vow of celibacy without leaving the monestary. The clear implication there is that it would be too hard to maintain your vow in that environment.

Comment

We could force gay priests to wear an upside down triangle and then compel them to live in ghettos for um . . . . . future "relocation."
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yeah, I'd hate being cloistered from the women.

Comment

Then I suggest you try living in a monastery and dealing with the temptation before gaging the vow to be absurdly easy. I spent a weekend in a monastery, which I did enjoy for the peace and quiet structure, but I could not take such a vow, without quitting the monastery.
                          I haven't had sex this week

If I was truly faithful and wanted to take a vow of celibacy, I think a better test would be in the world with many women around rather than shielded. They aren't fighting their temptation, they are outsourcing it to the structure of the monestary .

Yes, let us flay them and see if they renounce Christ!

Ah strawmen... how Christian of you .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh yeah Imran? Well I haven't shtupped in months - so there!!!
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

80% of the abuse victims are boys. If there were no such connection, one would expect to see a less skewed ratio.

What an utterly stupid, stupid and calculatedly offensive remark.

Gosh, let's see if there's an indelible link between heterosexuality and the abuse of girls in families, shall we ?

How about we go by religion as the key?

There must be something inherently awful in Roman Catholicism so that so many paedophiles are Roman Catholic priests or lay workers or Christian brothers, in comparison with say, Protestant pastors or elders, or imams or qadis in Islam.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Catholicism, the new gay religion .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X