Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tory leadership battle (plus highly biased guide to it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm scared to ask, but where did he go to university?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• si this a good guy to lead the tories? (As far as the tories being a party again?){

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• He went to Oxford...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Eton for 7 years, 3 A's at A Level, studied PPE at Oxford got 1st class honours IIRC...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• He sounds like an absolute git so far...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• So, Provost, where did you go to Uni?

Comment

• ...apart from his uni
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Oh Christ, not the Christmas smilies again
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Hey, don't use the smilies. That is what I'm doing until they are removed...

Apart from this smilie...

Comment

• For, thank heavens for this one not having being spoilt!

Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• OK, the basic smilies seem to work as well...

Comment

• Good evening, and what a great evening it is here in Great Britain

This week is a great week for the Conservative Party. Cameron becoming leader is the start of a new dawn for the party.

Don't listen too much to Gimp/MikeH as these are very biased left wingers ( I used to post here in the past, but lost login details , changed email etc) - even the title admits bias.

I don't think we should be talking about Camerons education (or Provists lack of, for that matter) - look, when you wen't for your Job did they ask you what your abilities were, how you could demonstrate your skills etc or did they say what school you were from?

Cameron has said he wants to change the party, and that he will do this now he's leader, and this is what is important.

The underlying principles behind Conservatism - Personal freedom and responsability, greater autonomy of services, lower taxes and a freer economy overall - are all fine, but we need to think about how the party has given out the wrong message for the last decade.

We need people from broader backgrounds in our party, all-women shortlists are NOT the answer - the answer is encouraging more of these people to Join the party and stand (in elections) for us.

We also need to evaluate some of our positions and how they are relevant to modern britain ; Abortion, Gay Marriage, the role of women just to name a few.

The Future is bright, the future is Conservative.

Cheers

Comment

• Don't listen too much to Gimp/MikeH as these are very biased left wingers

Don't listen to Cameronian, as he is a very biased right winger.

even the title admits bias.

Ever heard of Irony?

I don't think we should be talking about Camerons education (or Provists lack of, for that matter) - look, when you wen't for your Job did they ask you what your abilities were, how you could demonstrate your skills etc or did they say what school you were from?

Oh, such little that you know...but true about the jobs.

Cameron has said he wants to change the party, and that he will do this now he's leader, and this is what is important.

He will have time to produce and publish his policies, yes, but will he change the party? Right now no one can say for certain whether any change will benefit the parties' chance of Election in 2009.

We also need to evaluate some of our positions and how they are relevant to modern britain ; Abortion, Gay Marriage, the role of women just to name a few.

Now, I wonder why you did not claim that the role of man has to be reevaluated? Any non-religious benefits of Marriage should be available to any gay couple, tnd Abortion...I don't know enough to make an informed decision on that topic at this time.

Comment

• Hey Spink. [/obligatory]
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Don't listen to Cameronian, as he is a very biased right winger.
                                Ah , good point, I should have just reminded viewers of our differences. Look, I think we should all have points to make, and where I agree with the left-wingers, I'll back them, and where we differ I'll say so.

Oh, such little that you know
                                About Cameron's education? or Provists's?

Right now no one can say for certain whether any change will benefit the parties' chance of Election in 2009.
                                What I want to see is real change in the Conservative party - and change must mean change , what we can't afford to think is 'let's shore up the core vote and one more heave will see us win' - I Want the conservative party to be relevant to all people. I don't think we can set targets on change in the party.

Comment

Working...
                                X