No announcement yet.

GTA San Andreas promotes immorality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTA is not going to send you on a killing spree, video games don't turn you into killers.

Crappy parents, usually turn you into serial killers.

A game where you play the role of a thief and a murderer and they glorify and try to justify his actions amoung his peers as socially acceptable, *IS* harmfull for impressionable children.

Comment

The partially uncovered breast of Michael Jackon's sister is clearly an even greater threat to the U.S.A. .

And I know how deadly Gustave Courbet can be to impressionable minds on Apolyton.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Promoting violence and theft as an acceptable social norm, is worse then nudity.

I'm not a prude and I am not making this argument from a religious stance. The morality of nudity is subjective.

Its not just that you SEE violence and theft, that is NOTHING new heh. In GTA 2 you stole a bus, killed the driver, then filled it up with passengers and drove it to the hotdog factory-you watched the tourists get out and then, scream as they were shreded.

They made no attempt to make this seem real, and no attempt to make it seem acceptable.

San Andreas tries to promote violence and theft as a perfectly acceptable social norm in a REALISTIC way NO other game i've ever played has and as you can imagine i've played alot of games in the 15 years i've owned computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
          Promoting violence and theft as an acceptable social norm, is worse then nudity.

I'm not a prude and I am not making this argument from a religious stance. The morality of nudity is subjective.

Its not just that you SEE violence and theft, that is NOTHING new heh. In GTA 2 you stole a bus, killed the driver, then filled it up with passengers and drove it to the hotdog factory-you watched the tourists get out and then, scream as they were shreded.

They made no attempt to make this seem real, and no attempt to make it seem acceptable.

San Andreas tries to promote violence and theft as a perfectly acceptable social norm in a REALISTIC way NO other game i've ever played has and as you can imagine i've played alot of games in the 15 years i've owned computers.
          You are absolutely wrong. No where in any GTA games do I see "Go steal cars in real life!"

Your premise is false. And you are spreading blatant lies.

And UR. The so-called "research" is scetchy at best. It usually involves studies where kids play video games and fill out "mood charts" where they ask you stupid questions like "do you feel violent"?

And their conclusions are usually worded in the following way, "Playing violent video games non-stop for 15 years may or may not lead to a possible increase in impulsive behavior.

It's flimsy. And quite frankly, worthy of the label, "JUNK SCIENCE".
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

So no games based on American history then ?

Bang goes 'How The West Was Won' or 'How The South Was Carpetbagged' or 'How We Got Puerto Rico' .

Seriously though, I do agree with you up to a point- if a game sets out to glorify random acts of violence and theft in a context-less situation, especially in a concentrated form (a sole player, of 'impressionable' age, engaged in a frequently solitary activity) then it must exert some kind of influence, especially in the absence of any other models of acceptable social behaviour.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
              GTA preparing people to deal with floods
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Frankly, the whole rating system is a f*cking joke. Most parents as far as I know don't pay attention to the ratings. Also, violence per se isn't what is bad. It is the CONTEXT of the violence. GTA is bad not because of the violence, it is bad because it glorifies it for personal gain (as opposed to say, a WW2 FPS where you are shooting Nazi scum).

Comment

And in Doom you kill the demons of Hell .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And what's wrong with that, heathen?!
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      one of the greatest games ever made

too bad they didn't have multiplayer

GTA doesn't promote anything... it's a game...
                      Technically it does have multiplayer, but it REALLY sucks because it was more of an afterthought that they just shoved in to make the game "cooler" and probably so they could generate pre game hype by dropping the word "multi player".
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You know, I am sh*t out of other reasons to rob a convenience store...
                        I'd love to see you try to rob a convenience store. After the clerks had finished laughing themselves to death, you could make away with everything.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Not having played the game, may I ask how the game portrays the actions concerned as moral?
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Without going into too much detail, one of the plot arcs concerns clearing crack cocaine off of the streets, which the protagonist seems to do for moral reasons
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

humans being in the tens of thousands if not higher.

I see you never played civ.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I'd love to see you try to rob a convenience store. After the clerks had finished laughing themselves to death, you could make away with everything.
                                You're an unnecessarily vicious little tw*t, aren't you?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X