San Antonio Saints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio Saints?

Had this suggestion thrown up yesterday, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. If the Saints can't play in New Orleans, could they relocate to San Antonio?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

It appears that in all probability they will, at least in part.
    The only other alternative would be as a nomadic team.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have heard stuff on the radio how they might even come to Los Angeles.
      Last edited by Jack_www; September 1, 2005, 17:52.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

No damn way.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

San Antonio MAY be the largest American city without an
          NFL team. Didn't say was, said may be.
          No, this doesn't include L.A. as they've had and given up teams in the past.
          Also, San Antonio is closer to team member's homes and offices.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            San Antonio MAY be the largest American city without an
            NFL team. Didn't say was, said may be.
            No, this doesn't include L.A. as they've had and given up teams in the past.
            Also, San Antonio is closer to team member's homes and offices.
            You're not far off. Portland would actually be the largest, then Sacramento, Milwaukee and Orlando - then San Antonio. However, given that Green Bay is the de facto Milwaukee team, San Antonio is probably the largest US city left that would support the hell out of a team.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The saints will land in san antonio at 5 30 am friday morning. A dr i worked with today has to give a few of them exit physicals and a few releases to play. Rumor has it they will play the first home game at the alamo dome. Nothing is set for after that game.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

This dr Is the major sports doc in the city he does all the spurs players and will hold the exams for the saints all afternoon friday
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Hey thanks guys.

I was beginning to think no one cared about the NFL.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Orlando doesn't need a team. They're two hours from Tampa, four hours from Miami, and three hours from Jacksonville. They can take their pick, though I think the Jaguars will probably be moving soon.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                      Hey thanks guys.

I was beginning to think no one cared about the NFL.
                      Not like this needed a seperate thread, since I asked about it elsewhere.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I thought it did, since I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

When was the last time a disaster forced an NFL team out of their home city?
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Not too long ago, mitchell... one of the San Diego Chargers' home games from either last year or the year before was played at Sun Devil Stadium because of the California wildfires...
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              They can take their pick, though I think the Jaguars will probably be moving soon.
                              Hadn't heard anything about this. Could you elaborate?
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X