This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
    Earlier Sava posted something negative about Wal Mart's level of giving but they have actually given more than he posted (I guess since he posted it)

Currently they're on $1M to the Red Cross and $1M to the Salvation Army - in addition, individual Wal Marts may well do more, and all 3,800 locations will take individual donations.
    Last fiscal year US$285.2 billion in revenue

so they've gone up to $2 million?!??!?!

alert the media
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Earlier Sava posted something negative about Wal Mart's level of giving but they have actually given more than he posted (I guess since he posted it)

Currently they're on $1M to the Red Cross and $1M to the Salvation Army - in addition, individual Wal Marts may well do more, and all 3,800 locations will take individual donations.
      The Wal Mart CEO tonight said that they would contribute 17 millions + the stuff that they're sending down south.
      What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu

The Wal Mart CEO tonight said that they would contribute 17 millions + the stuff that they're sending down south.
        now that's more like it

but still...

if they want me to stop ripping on them, they better give like a billion dollars...

I'm not kidding
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
          I'm not kidding
          Of course not.
          What?

Comment

• Well people and coporations will need to conitnue to the contribute money to the relief effort for months. So they could end up giving alot more in the months to come.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Take it somewhere else Sava... this thread wasn't meant for you to rag Wal Mart... or any other political crap... it's meant for news and info.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                Take it somewhere else Sava... this thread wasn't meant for you to rag Wal Mart... or any other political crap... it's meant for news and info.
                sorry... I was responding to mr mitchell
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Tough talk from Gov. Blanco:

NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans descended into anarchy Thursday as corpses lay abandoned in street medians, fights and fires broke out, cops turned in their badges and the governor declared war on looters who have made the city a menacing landscape of disorder and fear.

"They have M-16s and they're locked and loaded," Gov. Kathleen Blanco said of 300 National Guard troops who landed in New Orleans fresh from duty in Iraq. "These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

Comment

• Feel free to start a new one.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X