Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we impeach the whole Federal government now?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
      I just saw the Director of FEMA tell Paula Zahn that the Federal Government did not even know about the refugees in the convention center until today.

I can not ****ing believe this.

Comment

• I know this is not the thread for politics, and ban me if that's what you feel appropriate, but I really don't see another thread to ask this question:

Why were we so unprepared for an urban disaster, four years after September 11th?

And this wasn't even a sudden terrorist attack, without warning. We had--at worst--days to come up with some sort of plan. And yet, chaos reigns.

Don't get me wrong. The people actively involved in relief efforts are beyond praise. But where was the planning?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Found out some info on a friend today. Thankfully she is back in Arkansas.

Some of my unit has been activated for duty in Mississippi. In the next few weeks more are likely to be called up. There are so many efforts going on in Little Rock to relieve the plight of those that made it out and up here that it's a little daunting. People are enrolling their children in local schools. I guess they got the word that they should expect to stay up here awhile. Some people on the local news objected to the use of the word refugee but I don't figure the people affected are thinking too much about what they should be called.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• People are enrolling their children in local schools. I guess they got the word that they should expect to stay up here awhile. Some people on the local news objected to the use of the word refugee but I don't figure the people affected are thinking too much about what they should be called.
            IIRC 30 students enrolled in Junction City (a little dot on the map south of El Dorado).

There has been a lot of kindness to refugees up here - churches in the city are housing and feeding them, people are just freely giving strangers (from LA) money, someone who had a house that isn't being rented or inhabited is going to let a family use it until things sort out, and these are just things I personally have seen, this is not to mention giving to the Red Cross, other random kindnesses, etc.

How many people do we estimate will have houses to return to after all the water is pumped out and everything is finally dry again?

How many people will actually return to those houses? How many will rebuild?
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
              I just saw the Director of FEMA tell Paula Zahn that the Federal Government did not even know about the refugees in the convention center until today.

I can not ****ing believe this.
              yeah I saw a FEMA guy tell Brian Williams the same thing on ABC...

Even MY dumb ass knew there were people in the Superdome

edit: POST 666!!!!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Maybe they should read Poly...

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell

IIRC 30 students enrolled in Junction City (a little dot on the map south of El Dorado).

There has been a lot of kindness to refugees up here - churches in the city are housing and feeding them, people are just freely giving strangers (from LA) money, someone who had a house that isn't being rented or inhabited is going to let a family use it until things sort out, and these are just things I personally have seen, this is not to mention giving to the Red Cross, other random kindnesses, etc.

In Little Rock everyone is running around everywhere doing all sorts of things for them. They are all over the state with some in Springdale and Jonesboro. The Govenor mentioned that Fort Chaffee (near Fort Smith) may be used to house people if they keep pouring in. Chaffee is a gaurd base with rows upon rows of empty barracks that haven't been used since the Army left a few years ago. The biggest problem is that nobody knows exactly how many people are here since a lot simply drove up and got hotel rooms or had family here to stay with. So far I've just been able to drop a few cases of water at collection points.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                    yeah I saw a FEMA guy tell Brian Williams the same thing on ABC...

Even MY dumb ass knew there were people in the Superdome

edit: POST 666!!!!
                    Actually, the Sperdome and the Convention Center are two different places, according to other posters.

I didn;t know that there was a convention center or that it was filled with refugees. At the same time, I am not the head of FEMA....
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• NM.

CNN has been talking to a man in the convention center who says most of the people there were told by authorities (without specifying who these "authorities" were) that the convention center would be a pickup point, just as the Superdome is. So people started gathering there Monday, expecting food and water. As has been said, FEMA only learned that they are there today.
                      What?

Comment

• The city:http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/arch...a__205774a.jpg

Comment

• Earlier Sava posted something negative about Wal Mart's level of giving but they have actually given more than he posted (I guess since he posted it)

Currently they're on $1M to the Red Cross and $1M to the Salvation Army - in addition, individual Wal Marts may well do more, and all 3,800 locations will take individual donations.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Fat's Domino is alive!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• All is right with the world.
                              Che can call off the impeachment.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

Actually, the Sperdome and the Convention Center are two different places, according to other posters.

I didn;t know that there was a convention center or that it was filled with refugees. At the same time, I am not the head of FEMA....
                                oh...

well the FEMA guy and Brian Williams were talking about the Superdome...
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X