No announcement yet.

Lost in Translation II - totally lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says it's a rhyming poem to begin with? I think making the different versions rhyme is way down the list of secondary priorities here.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
      Uh. Can I use a french Dictionary?
      As the rules say: Dictionaries are allowed. However you should stick to a book and not use the computer for translation. Online translations are not what we'd want.

If you have no dictionary book, okay, you can use one of the online dictionaries (like wordreference.com) or something like that...
      You should use your imagination, knowledge and a book if you have. You know, the typical classroom situation that the teacher brings up: you are sitting in the desert,....

OTOH verb conjugation is okay with me if you do online. There's a good online conjugator here: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/index.asp (it can do almost all languages). But well, better just stay with that...

Comment

Hey, if you want it mangled, I'm your man...sure, I'll do it then.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Aivo½so
          Is Pave really up to the task of translating from Russian to Swedish?
          Hell yea! But the result might come a bit... messy.

Have you chosen the poem yet, Atahualpa?
          The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
          - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

It seems Ata is looking to make the experience as messy as possible

Only a few people translate to or from their native languages. Ata prefered the "for fun" languages when possible
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

edit: list removed can be found in the post with the midgame changes: read here
              Last edited by Atahualpa; August 28, 2005, 15:57.

Comment

To French!
                Je suis très très curieux.
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You and me both
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

/me approves
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

It will be amazing
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

lo, lo, atah tzareech lashevet po. zeh yofi-tofi. anachnu ratznu ba dag-bavel.
                        Lol, lol, at the tzar's lavish poo. Zen yiff-yiff. Arachno-rats be da bomb.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comment

Ooooh I get to go first. My Spanish is a bit rusty, but I should be able to manage.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I want to join too! Is there still time?
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I am sorry, next time...

Comment

Working...
                                X