No announcement yet.

NFL Preseason Thread - Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pisses me off about the Simon deal is that the Eagles had seperate trades worked out with Ravens and one other team for Simon but could not consummate because Simon could not reach a contract agreement with either one.. So how were the Colts overlooked as trade partners?!

Comment

• well the football gods continue to enjoy kicking Bears fans in the nuts...

first play of the game yesterday... Orton throws a 46 yard pass to Muhammed.

2nd play, a dropped TD pass to TE Desmond Clark.

4th play? Interception in the end zone.

and you guys should have heard Mike Ditka last night:

"there's no breeze... well, there's a little breeze picking up now... it's like 27 degrees coolers down there"

and talking about #72 on defense, White, who had like 3 or 4 sacks
      "this guy's playing himself right into a job... the coaching staff is going to look at this guy on film and say, that number 68, let's give him a job!"
      mind you, this is as the camera is focused on him and his big #72 jersey...

thank god for WBBM radio in Chicago... 780 AM

Jeff Joniak and Tom Thayer... best play by play and color in the NFL

Every Bears game, my dad and I mute the TV and turn up the radio
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Dolphins showed nothing on offense again last night. From the post game wrap-up:

Atlanta's starting defense called it a night after three plays, but the Miami starters struggled against second- and third-teamers.

I think thats a sign of a really bad offensive line, but regardless its gonna be another long season for Miami.....

D

Comment

• Even Saban admitted that the O line is not going to be good this year. The Dolphin's are going to have serious trouble again this year.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Jesus tap-dancing Christ!

Jeff Garcia breaks left fibula in final exhibition game.

Not like he was going to start over Harrington anyway, but still...

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
              Even Saban admitted that the O line is not going to be good this year. The Dolphin's are going to have serious trouble again this year.
              Good luck with Ronnie Brown

The AFC East is playing the NFC South, so the Dolphins are going to face mighty defenses!

Comment

• The first New Orleans game will reportedly be played vs the Giants in the Meadowlands -- as a Saints "home" game.

Tom Benson was quoted in the NO Times-Picayune as saying the Saints would play most of their home games in San Antonio this year, and that he planned to make it permanent.

In the Saturday Chicago Tribune, columnist Mike Downey suggests that the NFL has been looking for an excuse to move a team to Los Angeles, and that it will be the Saints, as early as 2006.

Let the games begin...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, bad PR by Benson (he hasn't been the smartest on that anyway). You don't say you are permanently moving the team, even though that is exactly what you are going to do.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That's sad for the Saints fans in New Orleans.

Comment

• Sad and annoying, but basically comparable to a mosquito bite after having your arm chopped off.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Nothing about the retirement of the Great Jerry Rice here yet? I'm shocked. Then again, if posts counted in the OT...

Comment

• Jerry Rice is still alive?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                            Nothing about the retirement of the Great Jerry Rice here yet? I'm shocked. Then again, if posts counted in the OT...
                            maybe if this was 2 years ago, it would be a story... he stayed in the league too long... a great career, but he's faded into irrelevance.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Here's a story for you: Eagles signed Miami RB Lamont Gordon..

Comment

Working...
                              X