X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray the Gay Away

Ugh.

Disturbing on so many levels.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

In related news, myspace was bought by the owner of Fox News. Coincidence? I think not!

EDIT: btw, I have not read the link in the OP

Comment

I was confused at first. I saw the kids icon and was wondering "why would he be anti-gay, he's clearly a fruit". Turns out he didn't write the document.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

God loves everyone; ergo, God is bi.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thought the title said "Pray the Gay Way"

I was expecting some Gay Christian Bathhouse or something.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Que for "Tubular Bells"
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

LC, wrong, there's no such thing as bi.. you either suck the lollipop or you don't.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I hate to be so cliché, but it seriously reminds me of 1984.

The name of the program "Love in Action" is quite close from the "ministry of love" (responsible, in part, of reeducation). The teens are forbidden from reading any material that isn't explicitely allowed by the institution. They can't hear Christian media: non-Christian media includes Beethoven and Bach.
                The institution's policy is also stricly hostile to any interaction between students that isn't monitored. Finally, the students can remain locked for only 15 minutes per day (in the shower).

When I read this, I seriously begin to understand Ozzy's point about youth having no protection. Basically, the students are suffering under the same kind of psychological destruction that inmates go through. The difference is that they didn't fo any crime, and it's not the police/justice that sent them there. If you're a parent, you can do this to your kid without any accountability. Nobody (but the state) would have the right to send an adult to such institutions.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well these kind of establishments should be completely illegal and it should be illegal to send any children there...I consider them to be a gross violation of human rights.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"non-Christian media includes Beethoven and Bach

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Bach?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

@ Bach.

And I like Beethoven too. Does that mean I'm going to hell?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's looks pretty bad... including the 2-3 isolation treatment given when a client 1st arrives. Fortunately it looks like all he has to do is threaten some people a couple of times and they'll kick him out.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            "non-Christian media includes Beethoven and Bach

Amazing, innit?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              When I read this, I seriously begin to understand Ozzy's point about youth having no protection. Basically, the students are suffering under the same kind of psychological destruction that inmates go through. The difference is that they didn't fo any crime, and it's not the police/justice that sent them there. If you're a parent, you can do this to your kid without any accountability. Nobody (but the state) would have the right to send an adult to such institutions.
                              Exactly.

(btw, not my thread, and I wasn't the first to broach youth rights......)

<---- not a one trick pony.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X