No announcement yet.

The Saxons who invaded Britain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, this thread doesn't make any sense at all. Oh, the saxons acted bad and didn't abide to th e UN charters, well, neither did the romans, greeks, egypts, inkas, mayas, chinese, japanese, mongols, vikings and all of those I don't know the name of but was pretty busy in attacking their neighbours.

Claiming that the saxons should be considered nazi's on that behalf is just plain redicule.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I saw that King Arthur movie.

I wanted to walk out after about 20 minutes, cuz I realised how bad it was.

Unfortunately, my friend was my lift and he was enjoying it. God knows why.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I don't even have that excuse. I saw it on cable. I had the remote right beside me! Why didn't I use it?! Why, why, oh sweet Mother of God, why????!

Comment

The really interesting link between King Arthur and Robin Hood is that a very large portion of William's army were Bretons and that William was half Breton, so in a way the Norman conquest was payback.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Nah, this thread doesn't make any sense at all. Oh, the saxons acted bad and didn't abide to th e UN charters, well, neither did the romans, greeks, egypts, inkas, mayas, chinese, japanese, mongols, vikings and all of those I don't know the name of but was pretty busy in attacking their neighbours.

Claiming that the saxons should be considered nazi's on that behalf is just plain redicule.
            Just because romans, greeks, egypts, inkas, mayas, chinese, japanese, mongols, vikings and all of those you don't know the name of didn't abide to the UN charters it does not mean the Saxons have an excuse for not caring about the UN.
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              I'm surprised that BeBro is taking history lessons from movies.

Here's a list for ya:

The Patriot
              U-571
              Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Watch these and you won't even have to crack a book!
              BeBro can supplement his understanding by watching TV also.

Stargate. King Arthur was an Ancient. Merlin was a Goa'uld.

Question: Who was worse -- Goa'ulds or Saxons?
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

dp
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I don't like Stargate. It's an atrocity which bores its poor victims to death. At least the Saxons weren't that cruel
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Don't forget the jews. I just re-read the book of Josua and certainly think that guy should be sent to Den Haag immediately.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

By the time the the saxons arrived in what is now england the inhabitants wern't celts they were anglo romans. Some of them moved west or north and became assimilated into celtic culture. The only reason celtic people toady moan about their treatment hundreds of years ago is because they wern't powerful enought o be horrible to their neighbours on a large scale. Everyone in the dark ages-medieval period were bastards, some just had more sword than others.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                        Once and Future King by TH White
                        Yes!

Marion Zimmer Bradly
                        NO! It was awful.
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

How could they have been "anglo-romans" if the Angles hadn't even arrived in Britain yet? Perhaps they could have been called britano-romans, or celto-romans.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            How could they have been "anglo-romans" if the Angles hadn't even arrived in Britain yet? Perhaps they could have been called britano-romans, or celto-romans.
                            Thats a good point, Underming my own arguments with stupid errors thats the way to go
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                              Once and Future King by TH White
                              Only the first 1/2 where Arthur is being tutored by Merlin.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

They should send all those Saxon guys to Gitmo. Or Ulster in this case.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X