Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saxons who invaded Britain....

....behaved like Nazis?

That's what I thought when seeing "King Arthur" yesterday. Actually I doubt that they cared much about "mixing bloodlines" when plundering and raping during the dark ages. It sounded too much like modern racism....

First I thought the movie not so bad, esp. since it tried to de-mystify the story, and they rather attempted to make it look more realistic.....but overall it was pretty weak IMO, despite some good scenes. I wonder how they came to the idea that the knights of the round table would be from Sarmatia...........
    Blah

The saxons where the only thing that movie had going for it. Braided beards.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

As opposed to the Saxons who invented the wheelbarrow?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Do you have Saxon ancestors PH?
        Blah

Comment

I think the Saxons had an unfair advantage in that they rode horses, while King Arthur had to use coconuts.

Comment

Veterans of Baden Hill, REUNITE!
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

What I learned at Wiki today: many of Europe's Jews might be successors to the khazars.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                I think the Saxons had an unfair advantage in that they rode horses, while King Arthur had to use coconuts.
                I think you're confusing King Arthur with Kid Creole Easily done.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Did PH miss an obvious Monty Python reference?

:rips "Geek" badge from PH's shirt:

Comment

Facts in King Arthur:

(1) There are islands north of the European continental called the British Isles.

(2) The Romans were on the southern part of Briton but then they left.

(3) Saxons invaded.

Everything else in that movie is utter cr4p, and pretty bad cr4p at that.

Comment

the whole setting is wrong. No one acted like nazis. The nazis acted like Saxons if anything. It's not like nazis are THAT special. They are just the modern bastards. Plenty of them before that.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The only good Arthur stories are the Warlord trilogy by Bernard Cornwell

Comment

I'm surprised that BeBro is taking history lessons from movies.

Here's a list for ya:

The Patriot
                          U-571
                          Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Watch these and you won't even have to crack a book!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Did PH miss an obvious Monty Python reference?

:rips "Geek" badge from PH's shirt:
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

the patriot, starring the blasphemer, life of brian, most blasphemeous movie there is, and the submarine movie, well what it really is, is bunch of guys in leather getting into this big penis shaped vessel that dives.

I wonder if he wants to see these movies.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X