Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread should be topped!

Comment

No, stopped - while we're all still relatively sane.

Comment

well sanity is relative.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Personally my favourite bit was when they brought out the trebuchets. The appearance of the ninjas in the extended version was especially cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
            I'm surprised that BeBro is taking history lessons from movies.

Here's a list for ya:

The Patriot
            U-571
            Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Watch these and you won't even have to crack a book!
            I only take history lessons from movies. Those book writers never get anything right. It's all totally different from the movies!

Great recommendations, btw. However, saw them all a while ago.

The Patriot
            U-571
            Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Life of Brian was the most realistic of those
            Blah

Comment

well you should be looking forward to see my short film 'Aladdin, Take Two'. It's a documentary about how Aladdin, the loved childrens movie in fact was the setup for the terrorism today, and how Prince Ali and OBL are like THIS SON! (*fingers together*)
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

That's nothing against "The Thief of Baghdad" with its obvious Al Queda references!
                Blah

Comment

Hey guess what? They're re-doing Pocahontas only under a different title and in live action. The good news is that the 10 year old native american princess is still incredibly hot and hittable! The bright side is that they didn't hire Dakota Fanning to play her.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

After reading you other post about O'Reilly - has Dr. Stranglove had his lithium today?

edited to fix smiley
                    Last edited by Mr. Harley; July 17, 2005, 11:09.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      The good news is that the 10 year old native american princess is still incredibly hot and hittable!
                      Hmm, I wonder, is it still a Freudian slip if you're saying what you mean to say, you just shouldn't have said it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                        Personally my favourite bit was when they brought out the trebuchets. The appearance of the ninjas in the extended version was especially cool too.

If I had to watch trebouchets and ninjas in a King Arthur movie, I'd be blinded for the rest of my life.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Hmm, I wonder, is it still a Freudian slip if you're saying what you mean to say, you just shouldn't have said it?
                          He's being more than a little bit sarcastic. If you saw the Disney movie, Pocohantas was around 19 yrs old in the film, extremely hot and hittable. Whereas in real life she was just a 10 year-old girl.

Comment

To be fair there weren't actually any ninjas in the movie, although it's the kind of historical crap-up that you should expect in such a film.

Comment

Re: The Saxons who invaded Britain....

Originally posted by BeBro
                              ....behaved like Nazis?

I wonder how they came to the idea that the knights of the round table would be from Sarmatia...........
                              The only thing I know about Sarmatia is the cataphract, a body armor for the knights and their horses. Rarely mentionned in movies. Therefore, if the knights weared a cataphract, they were REALLY from Sarmatia, and the movie is well documented.
                              Statistical anomaly.
                              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

He's being more than a little bit sarcastic.
                                Hence the at the end.

Okay, okay. So I didn't get it.

At least not all of it.

But I did sense there was some hint of something to it.

A little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X