Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verto

The last two were superb.

BTW, got it pre-ordered and will be in line at the Barnes & Noble for the midnight release.
    You really are teh Evil, Verto ... Going to the Evil Empire like that and all. And you can't be more than a few dozen miles from a nice friendly Borders ...

/me will be spending all night watching little kiddies and their parents and preventing them from going into the room full of books ... and probably holding a few staff back from perusing the books early as well
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I have to try to pick one up in Barajas International Airport. The book gets released on the 16th in English there, so I have a pretty good shot at it.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'll buy the paperback , because I have no wish to pay a hugely inflated price . This gives me a chance to get the opinions of those who have read it , too . And I'm patient and not really affected too much by hype , so . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

aren't these kids books?

Comment

If you don't want a spoiler , or are a fan and don't want the surprise spoilt , then don't read the following :

( though I know that having said that , nobody here has the willpower to resist )

Spoiler:

Dumbledore is killed by snape , around page 606 .

Enjoy !
            Last edited by aneeshm; July 15, 2005, 05:47.

Comment

Meh. I read the first two HP books. It never got me hooked though. So I couldn´t care less about who kills who.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Sometime tomorrow I'm going to haul my lazy butt to the bookstore and get a copy. I may end up taking a two-day online vacation to read .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Several bookstores in my area are holding parties, If that Polymeet doeesn't happen I might go see what it's like.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

we will of course be getting it at midnight tonite - we have preordered the copy for POTM. Apparently we will be going to Borders for their party, cause we made an arrangement with friends, but will cut out to B&N to pick up our copy, cause Borders ran out of copies to preorder. Something like that. POTM, assuming she hasnt finished it by Sunday, will be taking it to camp with her, so i probably wont get to read it for a few weeks.

Ive found the books to b excellent. Not Tolstoy or Faulkner, but as good as any genre novels ive read - much better dialogue and character development than Tolkien, for ex.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

BLASPHEMER !!!
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

So far, no replies from Japher. I don't think its going to happen.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Big weekend
                          Battlestar Galactica tonight, then...

...picking up HBP tomorrow sometime during the day - my daughter will be at her aunt's for a week, so I will have to fight with my wife to see who will get to read it this week.
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Wooot! Less than 10 hours away . I can't wait!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Laura is taking Sophie to one of the many HP parties going on at various bookstores. I might as well go and buy the first book to see what the hype is about.

Comment

Harry Potter in 8 hours!

Comment

Working...
                                X