Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 20 more pages, and being sorely tempted by the above spoiler tags (though I have resisted thus far), I have done an aboutface and am absolutely convinced that my above prediction is 100% incorrect.

The HBP is

Spoiler:
    Lily Potter, nee Evans

Take it to the bank!
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
      LOLZ OMFG
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Okay. So I was wrong. Twice.

Holy criznap.

The question is...

Spoiler:
        Did Sirius' ill-fated brother actually succeed in destroying the horcrux before he was killed? If not, how with Harry recover it? If so, how will Harry discover this?

I really liked the new professor.

EDIT: I see, on review of the thread, that Wombat posted exactly the same thought in his spoiler. Great minds...

Comment

• And a few final thoughts:

#1, regarding the most important happening in the book

Spoiler:
          Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders; his look of rage at the time was for being placed in that terrifying position by Albus. Dumbledore did it to both maintain Snape's cover and spare Draco's life.

#2, regarding a bet-the-farm Book 7 death

Spoiler:
          In Book 5, Sirius Black died. In Book 6, Albus (Latin for White). In Book 7? Rubeus (Red) Hagrid. One could also make an argument for any (or, horrifyingly, all) of the Weasleys, all of them being linked to red as well; however, Rowling has thus far gone with characters with color names.

And #3, regarding the quest set out for Harry

Spoiler:
          If the thought is that each of the four remaining horcruxes is linked to a Hogwarts Founder, then the snake is a red herring; Voldemort found something of Ravenclaw, and Harry himself is the Gryffindor horcrux, as a side effect of the attack on him as a child. In the end, he must sacrifice his own life to end Voldemort's.

Comment

Spoiler:

That is a possibility, and Rowling certainly left it very carefully ambiguous. If so, Draco damn well better do some serious redemptive ass-kicking in book seven.

#3 very spoiler/
            Spoiler:

Ooh... interesting. I was trying to make the four founders' horcruxes fit into tarot suits: Godric's sword, Helga's chalice, Salazar's coin (~locket?), Rowena's club? (or staff? or something?). I suppose it still fits if that was Voldemort's aim, but was prevented by circumstances, and forced to use Harry instead. Or maybe Harry and Nagini are horcruxes? That would spare the need to come up with some arbitary Ravenclaw trinket for book seven, but if Harry is questing rather than schooling then maybe that doesn't matter so much.

This is assuming one can kill Voldemort's corporeal form before destroying the last horcrux and still extinguish him fully.

and also
            Spoiler:

How does James know Snape's dangle-by-the-ankle spell after OWL exams, but Snape wrote it out in his NEWT level Potions book?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Written in a book doesn't mean being invented at the time of writing and not before .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Indeed. But why would it then be written down if its inventor already had it memorised?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I've trolled every HP thread, because well.. Harry IS a victim of incest, lying in a dungeon made by his own incest dad, in coma after he got hit in the head with a rock after he tried to bite it off, living in fantasy land and stuff. It's only a survival mode he's playing, but I'm glad you all like to read it.. and not save the guy. Incest supporters
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• It seemed that quite a lot of the written down stuff was easily memorisable, but still stored down. Just in case. Like, why does everyone have even the commonly used phone numbers written down, despite having memorised them?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• It's common problem when you are in incest abused coma. It's like people can't sweat in dreams, like in Total Recall.. it's a tell off if you sweat, it means you're real. Just like the phone number thing.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• I picked up my amazon preorder from my mailbox yesterday morning (17th). It must have been delivered on the afternoon of the sixteenth (since I very much doubt they made an early morning run yesterday)!
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Yesterday was the 16th

Comment

• Hey Wombat, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Spoiler:
                            In Book 5, when the kids were cleaning up the Black estate, didn't they come across a locket that couldn't be opened, or something like that? Do you remember what happened to it?

Comment

• Guynemer, sure, but it required

*spoiler*

MORE COWBELL!

*/spoiler*
                              In da butt.

Comment

• Damn yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X