Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski
    Okay how much did you pay for it?

I went to Borders and got a ticket that said I was number 527 to get the book, which, since I didn't pre-order would be $19.99. Not too bad.

Had an hour to go before they even released the book so I went to Wal-Mart(I know, I know). There was a line of 30 people waiting calmly, I joined the line waited 25 minutes and got the book for $15.78.

Even better. No I am home about to read, while at Border's, I'd be waiting at least a couple of hours to get it.

ACK!
    So your money went to a company who runs mom-and-pop stores out of business, instead of a good-natured company who loves books ...

I of course was at my store, calmly handing out books (and getting to play with Dry Ice! Yeah!!!), making espresso drinks, cleaning up after hundreds of screaming fans ... home at 3 am
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

My book should be arriving from Amazon within the next few hours. Some final pre-arrival predictions, having read only the BBC blog:

Harry is gonna dig Ginny, but it'll take some time for her to come around. (He's an unofficial Weasley as it is, and becoming an "in-law" will solidify his family status.)

Snape will be the new DADA prof.

We will lose a Weasley and Neville, and Dumbledore's status will be up in the air at the end.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

So your money went to a company who runs mom-and-pop stores out of business, instead of a good-natured company who loves books ...

I of course was at my store, calmly handing out books (and getting to play with Dry Ice! Yeah!!!), making espresso drinks, cleaning up after hundreds of screaming fans ... home at 3 am
        Well, if that good natured company that loves books had been able to give me a copy at 1201, I would have bought it there.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, Borders hasn't run mom & pop local bookstores out of business anywhere...

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

What an awesome homoerotic sex scene between Hermione and that other chick!!!!

Lesbian love:

What???

Comment

Too bad she died right after that.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

But what an erotic death!

Comment

Finished it earlier today.

Comment

About 1/3rd of the way thru. Typical thus far; some very funny bits, some vague intimations of what's going on, but nothing is particularly clear yet.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      What an ending.... : (

Comment

• Spoiler:
                        CBeast :shoot:

Spoiler:
                        Yup. I wonder if RAB succeeded though.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I'm on about page 330, and it hit me like a bolt of lightning.

I think--no, I'm almost certain--the Half-Blood Prince is...

Spoiler:
                          Dumbledore.

Hoping to have it finished by the time I have to go to work tomorrow...

Comment

• Spoiler:
                            Nope. The real Prince is a shocker, but it makes perfect sense. Dumbledore, alas, has another part to play : (

Comment

• <----- Half Blood Prince
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LOLZ OMFG

Comment

Working...
                                X