• Show
Clear All

Canada
    Canuck girls
    Canuck beer
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Not really, I'm just happy that I'm not american.
      Well, thats what being Canadian is all about. An inherent, irrational fear and loathing towards the United States.

Comment

Am I proud to be a Canadian? No, not really. There is nothing to celebrate in having an absence of identity, rather than the presence of one.

Am I proud of what Canada used to stand for? Yes, very much so. Which makes me even sadder when I see the Canada of today.

Bah, to hate Americans is all we can talk about! I can think of so many other things.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Bah, to hate Americans is all we can talk about! I can think of so many other things.
          Like hating gays?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Once again, thanks for hockey, nature, the Kids in the Hall, the Stratford Theatre Festival, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, basketball, lacrosse, the CBC, Hockey Night in Canada, Ron McLean & Don Cherry, live Olympics coverage, Windsor, legal drinking age of 19, Steve Nash, Wayne Gretzky, Steve Yzerman, and, of course, hockey again.
            Guynemer has more cheer than all the Canadians put together.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Thank you for Avril Lavigne.

Bastards
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Like hating gays?
                No, things like guynemer mentioned, and quite a few other things too.

Like not having to lock doors, or read the paper to hear about shootings in the streets. Folks coming off the boat, settling on the prairies, and being Canadian, regardless of whether they are French speaking or English speaking.

Comment

No, things like guynemer mentioned, and quite a few other things too.

Like not having to lock doors, or read the paper to here about shootings in the streets.
                  We have lots of shootings hereabouts.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Guynemer has more cheer than all the Canadians put together.
                    Thats because Canadians would rather focus on what the US doesn't have rather than what Canada does.

Comment

Yeah. Why be so envious of our neighbours to the south, when we could find cool stuff that Canadians have done that won't happen in the United States? I mean I can't even get a decent rootbeer here in Texas whatsoever!

Comment

Don't forget poutine and beaver tails.

Comment

Happy Birthday Canada!

Canada
                          Double time and a half for working the overnight shift tonight
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

By the way, has anyone seen the movie Fubar?

Official Apparel from the feature film FUBAR

"Just Give'r!"

Comment

Famous Canadians:

Kristin Kreuk (Clark Kent's yummy girlfriend)

Elisha Cuthbert (Jack Bauer's yummy daughter)

Kim Cattrall (Sex in the City's Samantha)

Kids in the Hall

Kiefer Sutherland (yes, Jack Bauer himself)

Hayden Christensen

Terry Gilliam (Monty Python) Somehow, I'm sceptical about this one.

Leonard Cohen

William Shatner

Wayne Gretzky (the great one)

All the talented, non-european hockey players in the NHL
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

14 out of 20 and I'm not even Canadian.

missed 2, 5, 9, 10, 13, 20
                                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                                X