Why am I such a good friend!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I such a good friend!?

I dont want to be a friend, I want to be in a relationship damnit!

Is there some secret phrase/handshake that Im missing out on or something?

Yeah. You ugly.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The reverse is bad too. Not so attractive women or giant amazons seeking a relationship and flirting then when you don't show any interest back they turn from a friendly acquaintance into a vile succubus trying to make your work life hell.

Comment

Pyrodrew,

You've been hitting it in the maintenance closet, huh?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          Pyrodrew,

You've been hitting it in the maintenance closet, huh?

Trade shows are better, there's a larger sample of women.

The most attractive woman I've ever dated from the office looked like a young Julia Roberts. But, I normally stay away from office relationships.

Is there some secret phrase/handshake that Im missing out on or something?
          These threads usually result in "don't seek women/relationship advice from the Poly forum." I would offer some suggestions, but since I'm not in a relationship now it would seem hypocritical.

Comment

Behave like a friend and you'll be a friend. Behave like a lover and you'll be a lover. Plain and simple.
            Not a single time in my live I've been able to turn a friendship to a girl into a relationship. Not a single time in my life I've been able to turn a relationship into a friendship after we broke.
            justice is might

Comment

Originally posted by oedo
              Behave like a friend and you'll be a friend. Behave like a lover and you'll be a lover. Plain and simple.
              There's a huge grey area in the middle.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

oedo has it right. And UR, that grey area is not as huge as you think. If you aren't a winner, you're a loser. It matters not if you are second or last. ("you" not meaning you specifically).

Comment

That certainly isn't my experience.

My take is space keeps missing the non-verbal cues. There's only a window of opportunity, and if he misses it, he remains a friend.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

and if you miss the window you are in the friend zone

but this is all bull...i have met girls i was friend with for a year and after one night of hot drunken monkey sex we had a 'relationship'... so my advice....everything is possible with tequila
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

well yes, alcohol could work.

filling up your female friend up in order to **** her

but contact Thomas Mesereau before you try that.
                      justice is might

Comment

err...i most the drunk one...
                        Bunnies!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                          and if you miss the window you are in the friend zone

but this is all bull...i have met girls i was friend with for a year and after one night of hot drunken monkey sex we had a 'relationship'... so my advice....everything is possible with tequila
                          The thing is you have no idea when the window is going to swing open and when it is going to slam shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The thing is you have no idea when the window is going to swing open and when it is going to slam shut.

with tequila slammers every thing starts swinging and flying....

but you are ofcourse right...but ever closed door and be talked or forced open by your charms ..that is my experience atleast...i never had a girlfriend that I wasnt friends with first for a long time...(probably this is because people has to learn to like my strange habits)..i dont give a very good first impression.
                            Bunnies!

Comment

here is how you end the friend part - ask the person to join you for a tea.. make sure you use posh old british accent and maneurs. Be like one of those 'I am the personal friend of Dutches Yorkenminster and I kindly wish to inform you, sir, that you are free to explore the great lands of my ancestors if you accept my invitation for fox hunting, jolly merry bloody buggery'...

then when she comes, teabag her from behind (she sitting on couch) and say you were all out of tea but you had the bags. Don't lose the accent. A gentleman is a gentleman, even when bagging a dear friend.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X