No announcement yet.

Toyota raising prices -- japanese business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't talking to you people anyway.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• To compare industry journalists greatly disagree with you. Car & Driver's top 10 has 4 American, 4 Japanese, & 2 German. It's even more one sided when you realize several Japanese & European makes are American owned.

Austosite.com gives a similiar mix in their top cars & trucks for 2005.

Motor Trend magazine today announced the selection of the Chrysler 300 as the 2005 Motor Trend Car of the Year. The 2005 Motor Trend Car of the Year competition included the following models: Acura RL, Audi A6, BMW 6 Series, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac STS, Chevrolet Corvette, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Ford Five Hundred, Ford Mustang, Honda Accord Hybrid, Honda Odyssey, Kia Amanti, Kia Spectra, Lotus Elise, Mazda 3, Mercedes-Benz SLK, Mercury Montego, Pontiac G6, Porsche 911, Saab 9-2x, Scion tC, Subaru Legacy and Volvo S40/V50.

Motor Trend just names one car per year as the best car on the market for the year. This year it's the Chrysler 300M which beat out every make and model the rest of the world had to offer.

Road & Track has 10 catagories whcih it names the best car or truck for each catagory. 6 Americans, 1 Japanese 3 Euros. Two of the Euros were American owned.

Face it the press loves American cars and the journalist industry keeps close tabs on quality. They know American & Japanese cars have quality while Euro cars are mostly facy but fragil things.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• http://motortrend.com/features/news...ews041117_coty/

Motor Trend just names one car per year as the best car on the market for the year. This year it's the Chrysler 300M which beat out every make and model the rest of the world had to offer.
        Chrysler is European nowadays.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
          Face it the press loves American cars and the journalist industry keeps close tabs on quality. They know American & Japanese cars have quality while Euro cars are mostly facy but fragil things.
          How many times can you miss the point?

BTW, saw a Cadillac Escalade with not one, but TWO burnt out tail lights on my way to Waterloo today.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

How many times can you miss the point?

BTW, saw a Cadillac Escalade with not one, but TWO burnt out tail lights on my way to Waterloo today.
            When did I ever say a good think about the Escalade? I don't have to defend the Escalade any more then you have to defend the Daihatsu Charade or the crap Mitsubishi shovels.

The comparison with Euro cars were for a certain Swiss poster who kept claiming US cars were the worst ever.

Comment

• GM going bankrupt

These guys killed just about every mass transit system back in the 50's - it's about time they get their due.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• They won't go bankrupt. The government wouldn't let Chrysler go bankrupt in the early 1980's and GM is several times Chryslers size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon

Chrysler is European nowadays.
                  Half American, Half German officially but thanks to some recent stock purchases the majority of shares are owned by Americans. Blame it on the poor German economy but Americans are the majority share holders.

Comment

Half American, Half German officially but thanks to some recent stock purchases the majority of shares are owned by Americans. Blame it on the poor German economy but Americans are the majority share holders.
                    I'm blaming Chrysler's turnaround on the Europeans.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• To bad the Germans can't turn around Mercedes-Benz. Besides Chrysler was profitable and in fine shape when the companies merged and it didn't start having problems until Germans started monkeying around. Finally a German who promised to do what the Americans told him came in and suddenly the company is profitable again. Massively so.

Mercedes continues to be a dog though.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:33.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

To bad the Germans can't turn around Mercedes-Benz. Besides Chrysler was profitable and in fine shape when the companies merged and it didn't start having problems until Germans started monkeying around.
                            Not really, Chrysler rose out of the dolldrums in a similar manner to Ford and GM with their SUV's: they had a couple of succesfull models that hid the company's fundamental flaws in quality and manufacturing technology. Hence, when Daimler-Benz bought the company they didn't bother to replace the management, which turned out to be a big mistake once the effect of the previous wore off. It's only once the Germans realised giving their Americans counterparts a free hand wasn't such a great idea that Chrysler was getting fixed.

And regarding the quality deteriorating at Mercedes, I blame Anglo-saxon business practices pervading German work-ethic.

Comment

• Quality was always questionable as several Mercedes owners can testify. Profits are what I'm refering to; Chrysler has them will Mercedes has been deep in the red for several years now. I can't believe how bumbling the Germans are sometimes, Plymouth sold 200k cars per year but the krauts closed it claiming it was to small but their pet project Smart costs hundreds of millions but sells a few tens of thousands per year and they say its great? The smart is garbage which will never earn a penny and rebadging it as an A-Class just devalues the Mercedes name.

Mercedes needs to follow Audi's lead and not follow BMW's failed excersize with Rover. Mercedes needs to increase it's volume by sharing platforms and components with Chrysler the way Lexus/Toyota, Audi/VW, Chevrolet/Caddilliac, and Ford/Lincoln/Jaguar do. That will help them cut costs while increasing their model line up thus putting them back into profitability. BMW was to stuffy to share with Rover so that merger failed. Why even merge if you aren't going to try to cut costs by combining purchasing?

Further more Mercedes needs new design talent because compared to Lexus, Jag, Infinity, Audi, and the new Caddilliacs their cars are either boring or ugly. Mercedes is an also ran and has been one for the last 10 years.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X