Alien abductees lose ally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an alien experience once.

For a while I liked to dress up in drag and call myself Tricia McMillan... and one night at a fancy dress party this two headed guy came up and said "wanna see my spaceship?". It was the beginning of a wild and wacky adventure through the Galaxy... the Earth was destroyed, but it was rebuilt and you guys wouldn't remember it.

Unfortunately our relationship turned sour when he finally got the time to lift my skirt and realized I wasn't such a "cool frood" after all. He then dumped me back on Earth.

Comment

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster anyone?

*gulp*

AARRGGHH!!!! A LEMON WRAPPED AROUND A GOLD BRICK!!!!

.... mmm.... pan galactic gargle blasters.... if it wasn't for them Zaphod would've realized I was a guy much sooner....

(note to all: this is not a freudian slip revealing my secret love of two headed Betelgeusian males. I'm simply experimenting with a narrative improbability engine, also known as my brain).

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        Need? It's drunk interstellar teens doing it for a few cheap laughs.
        Good hypothesis. Definitely has potential.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          MtG:

a) what was the direction of the original 40 degree straight line flight of the object relative to the horizon?

b) how many degrees above the horizon did it end up when performing rapid maneuvers inside the box of 10 or 15 degrees on a side?

In other words, I want beginning and ending positions for straight line flight.

did angular velocity over this straight line flight appear to be constant? what was the approximate time for 40 degree flight?

did angular speed when maneuvering inside box appear to be constant? what was the approximate time for each leg of flight inside box? From what you've said so far it sounds like it was 10-15 seconds or so.

How certain were you of resolvability into disk? 45 arcseconds is rather small even with a good pair of binoculars. Could disk shape have been due to atmospheric or binocular-related haloing of an unresolvable point source?
          a) South to north, with an apparent heading from due north to a few degrees west of due north.

b) Constant from when I observered it - I first caught site of the movement about 50° above the horizon to my west-southwest to just past north of west, when it started a maneuver with a rapid apparent deceleration and instant displacement west at an apparently perfect 90° (I had a building corner I could compare it against, and then later measure the apparent angle on the building due to perspective from that position.

Angular velocity appeared dead on constant, and flight time to the start of maneuvers was about 30 seconds from when I started seriously wondering what it was, which was about 10-15 seconds after I saw it. My first impression was an atmospherically color-distorted reflection of a large satellite, then I thought about it and said, "naah, I don't think there's any with that orbit" and started making notes and real observations.

Angular speed inside the maneuver box was constant for periods of time, then changed and was constant for other maneuvers. Total time in that box doing maneuvers was over two minutes, then I ran to the front of the building and called over two neighbors, then back, for about 30 seconds more, at which point it's apparent angular trajectory changed to a minimal displacement to the northwest and (within the limits of eyesight and binoculars) a constant dimming for about 3 minutes 20 seconds, until it disappeared.

There were 23 separate changes in direction in the two periods of time I observed it in the box area (minus about 30 seconds to grab neighbors), and the minimum visible stellar magnitude in that area at that time was about magnitude 4.2 (based on checking the dimmest visible stars against star maps.)

The appearance was very distinctly like that of a planetary disk, approximately Jupiter size at opposition. (I have a reticle eyepiece with a 1 arc-minute division on a dismounted 8 x 50 guide scope, as well as the binoculars. Aircraft lights had disctinctive flare and astigmatic aberrations under the seeing conditions that night, which were unusually good for being 100 meters from a bay, and 1 km from the ocean in an urban area. Luckily, the view to the WNW is pretty free of light pollution, and RH was low that night.

Obviously the disklike appearance could be the result of distortion, but it was a dead-on ringer for a planetary disk, which is why I first assumed that it was a reflection of the sun off a satellite for the first few seconds I saw it.
          Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; June 9, 2005, 11:14.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
            I applaud Michael's move to shed all credibility that he once had in the forum by trying to make us think he is as crazy as the rest of us. Such egalitarianism will certainly save him from the gulag when the revolution comes.
            I make observations. I don't make conclusions. And I have a lot longer to wait for the revolution to come than I have for the second coming of Christ.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Ooh, I wanna see KH's explanation
              I don't have one. Those seemed like the most important questions to ask, though.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They need our DNA in order to make alien-human hybrids capable of surviving the germs and bacteria. They learned from War of the Worlds.

They are also creating cow/alien cow hybrids because they taste better to aliens.

Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Yep. For my midlife crisis due in 5-10 more years, I want to sail around the world solely with traditional celestial nav instruments in a real boat. (i.e. no engines other than minimal emergency aux power generation and no other synthetic **** aboard other than rope.

And when other 13 year olds were diddling themselves, I was out freezing my ass off looking at stuff in the sky and trying to figure out celestial mechanics and spherical trig on my own, for fun. So definitely lunatic material.
                    I want to do the boat thing too - although i'd like to use a viking longboat, like that famous scandinavian explorer/sailor guy(he did crossing the pacific from south america some time in the 70's as well i think?). Thor somebody or other.

I've done a bit of 'real' sailing, old wood yaught, fairly simple nav setup, sail power only etc. Loved it - very special indeed

As for credibility ref this thread - i think your probably the most credible poster here. Your account is amazing and makes my tale seem like the 'fear hyped inducement' it probably was(I was a kid then).

I dont know what you saw could be either - still we do live in an infinate universe(very very big atleast) so it could be from out there? We send out probes dont we?

Edit: i should just add that i'm not one of these people that dresses up in a silver jumpsuit and sticks antenna to my head while visiting crop circles etc

I just tend to think that in a universe so large its just rather arrogant on our part to think we can be the only lifeforms possible.
                    Last edited by child of Thor; June 11, 2005, 08:35.
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      They need our DNA in order to make alien-human hybrids capable of surviving the germs and bacteria.
                      You mean they can't sequence the human genome by surreptitiously scraping somebody's skin?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My alien told me never to tell anyone where he touches me.
                        :-p

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

I want to do the boat thing too - although i'd like to use a viking longboat, like that famous scandinavian explorer/sailor guy(he did crossing the pacific from south america some time in the 70's as well i think?). Thor somebody or other.
                          I guess that you mean Thor Heyerdahl - and yes, he crossed both the pacific and the atlant in ancient boats, but never in a longboat.

Still, he had a VERY interesting life :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                            My alien told me never to tell anyone where he touches me.
                            Yes i guess many of the alien 'probings' could be down to this sort of thing, or fantasies about such things

BUT many of the UFO sightings are a very different kettle of fish. Some could be experimental aircraft etc, but accounts like MtG's show aircraft manuovers that are just not physicaly possible with any of the technologies we know and use.

We even have accounts by the military of various unexplained ufo sightings, and documented accounts like MtGs of what either pilots or ground crew saw.

They ran a tv program a while back revisiting some of these cases and the people that had been involved(ex-military mostly), a very fascinating subject and with all the sightings we do know about, some are very very beleivable.

What it all means and what should be done about it, who knows? Are there ET's out there or Borg, maybe both, maybe something completely alien to our experience?

Space is huge though,and we are a very small, but noisey little speck on the outer edge our our galaxy. Maybe worth a look? :ufo:

@BlackCat - yeah thats the guy , the longboat must just be mixing him up with another guy.

A link to back up my theories

Last edited by child of Thor; June 11, 2005, 10:54.
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                            X