No announcement yet.

Alien abductees lose ally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, but why fly to another star only to fly loop de loops over a major urban center?

A military craft is the only thing that makes logical sense.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't buy alien cracker-tooth drillers and DNA diddlers, either. But I buy an aircraft even less.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Coulda been a rocket, with the orange glow being it's flames.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I considered that too, but I've seen test launches from Vandenburg - they're real pretty, but the flames are elongated, variable, much yellower in color, and they'd change aspect as the flight aspect changed.

That's if they're even visible - a lot of times you just see the effects of ice crystals formed in the wake, due to shockwave and turbulence effects, and that's a real trip to watch.

This appeared as a flat, round disk with no visible variation in color at any time, and a distinctive reddish-orange color similar to that of Mars at opposition in excelent seeing conditions, but shifted slightly redder.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

"I don't buy into it being an alien spacecraft"

blah
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If it emits light, flys around too fast making too sharp turns, and drives MtG (not easily amused) and his bud to distraction, it's an alien space ship. If it isn't, it's human, and since MtG already ruled that out...

MtG, ET. ET, MtG.

Comment

I applaud Michael's move to shed all credibility that he once had in the forum by trying to make us think he is as crazy as the rest of us. Such egalitarianism will certainly save him from the gulag when the revolution comes.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I doubt he's issued a memo on the subject to his clients.

Comment

I've had to deal with aliens from time to time when the INF asked us for I-9 info on some of our workers.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

MtG:

a) what was the direction of the original 40 degree straight line flight of the object relative to the horizon?

b) how many degrees above the horizon did it end up when performing rapid maneuvers inside the box of 10 or 15 degrees on a side?

In other words, I want beginning and ending positions for straight line flight.

did angular velocity over this straight line flight appear to be constant? what was the approximate time for 40 degree flight?

did angular speed when maneuvering inside box appear to be constant? what was the approximate time for each leg of flight inside box? From what you've said so far it sounds like it was 10-15 seconds or so.

How certain were you of resolvability into disk? 45 arcseconds is rather small even with a good pair of binoculars. Could disk shape have been due to atmospheric or binocular-related haloing of an unresolvable point source?
                      Last edited by KrazyHorse; June 9, 2005, 00:49.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                        I've had to deal with aliens from time to time when the INF asked us for I-9 info on some of our workers.

I'm sure
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ooh, I wanna see KH's explanation

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            Not quite the same as stories about little grey things playing with my DNA and drilling random holes in my teeth, though.
                            If a species of higher lifeform is advanced enough to travel through the great interstellar void to visit us, there's no way that they need to mutilate cattle and use anal probes on abductees.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Yep. For my midlife crisis due in 5-10 more years, I want to sail around the world solely with traditional celestial nav instruments in a real boat. (i.e. no engines other than minimal emergency aux power generation and no other synthetic **** aboard other than rope.
                              Watch out for Pirates!

arrrghh
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

If a species of higher lifeform is advanced enough to travel through the great interstellar void to visit us, there's no way that they need to mutilate cattle and use anal probes on abductees.
                                Need? It's drunk interstellar teens doing it for a few cheap laughs.
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X