In case you forgot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In case you forgot....

Taxes are awesome . I pay my taxes gladly, knowing they're invested into important stuff. There aren't enough taxes, imho.

Gays should marry eachother if they want, and be able to adopt, and also join the military.

Heinous Criminals should be executed? If by those we mean those that can't be rehabilitated ( there are such people), even then, nah, better do something useful with them. Like forced labour, or perhaps human experiments? I am not really sure about it.

Legalize all drugs - Yep, and put heavy taxation on them. Of course, all safety restrictions when handling potentially dangerous equipment apply.

Gun control, - Gun control, yes, but to an extent. I do think that people should be allowed to carry some sort of weapons, though. I mean, ****loads of young people carry assault rifles here, yet they're almost never used in fights. Makes you think.

God (probably) does not exist - Even if he did, he allows for some rather bad **** to happen, and in that case, he just wants to see the fireworks, don't let him get upset if we do stuff that he doesn't like.

Abraham Lincoln, FDR, were in fact, some of the best presidents the USA has ever had.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
      KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, and Jack in the Box are not the 5 major food groups.
      Indeed
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Taxes are Evil (so is Big Government)

Gays should not be allowed to marry

Heinous Criminals should not be executed.

Legalize some drugs, like alcohol and tobacco.

Gun control, NO!

God exists and acts on the world. Christ is the Son of God.

Abraham Lincoln, FDR, were in fact, two of the greatest presidents...
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

christ did not execute criminals, why should you? in fact, he stopped executions from happening.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Uh, I said criminals should not be executed.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

oh thats my bad, please forgive me.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The War Between the States wasn't fought over the issue of slavery per se. People just got pissed off. The United States was a pretty odd duck at the time. A collection of states with the whole notion of Union having as many different interpretations as you could want.

Lincoln's view prevailed, written in blood and he is loved for it. Brings to mind a quote, sorta, something about killing a man being a crime, killing a million is a footnote to history?

Comment

Re: Re: In case you forgot....

Originally posted by Az

Abraham Lincoln, FDR, were in fact, some of the best presidents the USA has ever had.

Robert F. Kennedy was the best president we never had, in my opinion.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, I didn't really intend to start any sort of debate or discussion on this thread, i was just, sort of, i guess, posting in a funny way a reminder of where i stand on certain issues that i used to debate quite heavily, but since i hadn't been here for quite some time. . . .i dunno. an attempt at humor i guess
                    -connorkimbro
                    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

humor is lost to us...

Governmental "interference" with the economy, and paved the way for the government "welfare state" (I use quotes because some folks feel economic interference and government aid are necessary, whereas some don't.) For a libertarian take on the New Deal, see here.

funny to read this because here to people that inplemented the welfare state are some of the most praised people we have (if you know who they are that is )

this is one of the biggest differences between europe (atleast the netherlands) and the US i think. we see the government as in 3rd party that need to help as much people as possible. in the US you see the government much differently but i cant say in which way...hmz...weird
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Robert F. Kennedy was the best president we never had, in my opinion.

I disagree. He was careless, foolish, and unfit to be a president. He almost precipitated a nuke war.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X