No announcement yet.

Annoying Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and don´t forget about "Whazzuuuuuuuup?". Even in non-English speaking countries that term has been abused by 13 year olds until people get the urge to kill upon hearing it another time...
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I know what blasé means. Every instance in that definition refers to a person or a person's attitude, rather than a phrase. How can a phrase be indifferent?
      ah, then yes, I meant passé... yet I still hate the word blasé
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
        "y'all"
        Them's fightin' words, boy.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Yeah, that's another good phrase there MtG. What kind of Neanderthalic subculture resolves disputes with a call to violence which breaks more grammatical rules than there are words in the sentence?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Are you forgetting that MTG is a Southerner, IW?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This one is local -- only Imran will understand -- but the Pittsburgh version of "y'all" is "yinz." As in, "Where yinz goin'?" Makes my flesh crawl.

On the plus side, even Pittsburghers refer to dumbass locals as "yinzers."
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: Annoying Words

Originally posted by Japher
                "The sky is purple."
                "acutally, the sky is blue."
                Ever been to L.A.?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  But... but... if you're team is incapable of achieving synergies, that encumbers your organization with inefficient decision-making processes! How do you adjust and adapt to constantly changing paradigms? Is it even possible to increase value with non-synergistic teams?????

Non-synergistic teams can remain congruent and still grow productivity by interfacing cogently.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

"of" when used instead of "have". Sounds like a dweeb is saying it.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                      This one is local -- only Imran will understand -- but the Pittsburgh version of "y'all" is "yinz." As in, "Where yinz goin'?" Makes my flesh crawl.

On the plus side, even Pittsburghers refer to dumbass locals as "yinzers."

I'm from the Pgh area but didn't get exposed to that during my formative years.

It's you'ns, an archaic abbreviation of "you ones," one being the proper gender-neutral pronoun.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        Native English speakers shouldn't use French words anyway doesn't work

Except entrepreneur of course

And joie de vivre. And restaurant. And glace. And elan. And visage. And volte face. And....

... but you get my drift.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                        X