No announcement yet.

Annoying Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the fluet girl is hot but that pic is actually pretty good.. I really like her hair in it. I wish more girls would have similar type of 70s playboy bunny hairstyles with long hair... even though she doesn't have one.

I like the pair "obviously - idiot". Example:

The sky is purple
    Obviously the sky is blue, idiot.
    OR
    IDIOT.. the sky is blue, obviously.

You see, you have much more usage for this wonderful pair.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

i also hate (in dutch) the sentence: omdat het kan (means: because its possible) all the students use it to explain several things:

a)in an argument to explain why we should build a catapult on the balcony and shooting waterballoons at another 'dorm' across the street

b) to explain doing something stupid like building a catapult on the balcony and shooting waterballoons at another 'dorm' across the street (this is pretty funny because i could use it for my statics pratical)

c) to explain why they need to destroy your chair to use the would for building a catapult on the balcony and shooting waterballoons at another 'dorm' across the street

d) to explain to the cops why we build a catapult on the balcony and shot waterballoons at another 'dorm' across the street.

E) to explain why they wake you up at 5 in the morning when you have a big test that day and they just came home totally drunk
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I nominate "zeitgeist"
        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

i hate the phrase......."in terms of"
          i don't know why.. but when i hear it..
          its like fingernails on blackboard.
          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

"quintessential." Ugh. It makes me feel more than a little queasy.
            It's very "hoity-toity" (<-another word I hate). Makes one sound like a snob, is up there with "ergo" and "concur"

"Moist."

Disgusting word.
            Definitly I believe the most threatening word in the english language is "butter".

i hate word 'dude'...i dont mind 'djude' but seriously 'dude' is like SOOO last millenium...
            Dude! I say that all the time, but then I am from Cali. I have called many ppl dude who I probably shouldn't have... Oh, and "that is like soooo last millenium" is so blase
            Monkey!!!

Comment

blase is another hoity-toity word
              Bunnies!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

only if you spell it with the "é"
                Monkey!!!

Comment

i häte üsing thé thingiès ön lèttérs likè / ör ¨ ör \ ör ^
                  Bunnies!

Comment

Nothing wrong with a good moist prume, though I can see why Boris would prefer butter.

Dude is a great word!!

People actually saying "OMG" as in "OhEmGee", or even worse, pronounced "Omghh".
                    Not that I can stand "Ohh my god" either, though it's not so bad in written form for some reason.
                    I guess it's because you can't hear the 14 year old behind it.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      Dude! I say that all the time, but then I am from Cali. I have called many ppl dude who I probably shouldn't have... Oh, and "that is like soooo last millenium" is so blase
                      Surely you mean passé? If so, I concur.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

"So to say". I don´t know whether that´s a valid English phrase, but our female professor (sounds weird, but how else do you say that?) uses it all the time, like twice in a single sentence.
                        We even had a statistical analysis about this, where we counted no less than 124 "so to say" phrases in a single lecture!

Also my father always orders "juice" at the restaurant. While this will sound pretty usual to most of you, I have to point out that we live in Germany. There is a German word for it and NOBODY else says "juice". Especially since he mixes it with the German fruit words, resulting in such atrocities as "Apfeljuice" or "Pampelmusenjuice"...
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of blase by The Free Dictionary

bla·sé (blä-z)
                          adj.
                          1. Uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence.
                          2. Unconcerned; nonchalant: had a blasé attitude about housecleaning.
                          3. Very sophisticated.

Adj. 1. blase - very sophisticated especially because of surfeit; versed in the ways of the world; "the blase traveler refers to the ocean he has crossed as `the pond'"; "the benefits of his worldly wisdom"
                          worldly
                          sophisticated - having or appealing to those having worldly knowledge and refinement and savoir faire; "sophisticated young socialites"; "a sophisticated audience"; "a sophisticated lifestyle"; "a sophisticated book"
                          2. blase - uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence; "his blase indifference"; "a petulent blase air"; "the bored gaze of the successful film star"
                          bored
                          uninterested - not having or showing interest; "an uninterested spectator"
                          3. blase - nonchalantly unconcerned; "a blase attitude about housecleaning"
                          unconcerned - lacking in interest or care or feeling; "the average American...is unconcerned that his or her plight is the result of a complex of personal and economic and governmental actions...beyond the normal citizen's comprehension and control"; "blithely unconcerned about his friend's plight"
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Native English speakers shouldn't use French words anyway doesn't work

Except entrepreneur of course
                            Last edited by alva; May 25, 2005, 11:49.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I know what blasé means. Every instance in that definition refers to a person or a person's attitude, rather than a phrase. How can a phrase be indifferent?
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I agree alva

especially when that person tries to "fake" the accent when they use such words... which is why a lot of ppl hate French Canadians
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X