No announcement yet.

Annoying Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"quintessential." Ugh. It makes me feel more than a little queasy.

Comment

"Moist."

Disgusting word.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

i hate cake mix boxes that insist the cake is moist. Gross.

Comment

finkian's hate of quintessential is quintessentially st00pid.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

(shrugs) It makes me nervous.

Comment

moist is a good word. I tend to derive sexual connotations to that word. Though I do that with a lot of words.

Comment

Any noun used as a verb.

"Impact" is not a verb!
                "Memo" is not a verb!
                "Task" is not a goddamned verb!
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Impact has been used as a verb since 1601, when it meant “to fix or pack in,” and its modern, figurative use dates from 1935. It may be that its frequent appearance in the jargon-riddled remarks of politicians, military officials, and financial analysts continues to make people suspicious. Nevertheless, the verbal use of impact has become so common in the working language of corporations and institutions that many speakers have begun to regard it as standard. It seems likely, then, that the verb will eventually become as unobjectionable as contact is now, since it will no longer betray any particular pretentiousness on the part of those who use it.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Comment

Impact has been used as a verb since 1601, when it meant “to fix or pack in,” and its modern, figurative use dates from 1935. It may be that its frequent appearance in the jargon-riddled remarks of politicians, military officials, and financial analysts continues to make people suspicious. Nevertheless, the verbal use of impact has become so common in the working language of corporations and institutions that many speakers have begun to regard it as standard. It seems likely, then, that the verb will eventually become as unobjectionable as contact is now, since it will no longer betray any particular pretentiousness on the part of those who use it.
                      Okay, fine. Impact shouldn't be a goddamned verb!
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

"y'all"

Comment

moist is a good word. I tend to derive sexual connotations to that word. Though I do that with a lot of words.

i hate word 'dude'...i dont mind 'djude' but seriously 'dude' is like SOOO last millenium...
                          Bunnies!
                          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

ongoing

proactive

Any other bland, pabulum speak word beloved of middle management.

Oh and phthisis, for obviously being a very silly word.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

All the words preceding "but" in a sentence. A complete waste of time as they are about to be turned on their head.

Example: "I really like you but I don't think we should see one another anymore."
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Space, in the sense of room, within four walls, etc.

"My agent has set me up with a wonderful space within which to exhibit my work" - I've got a great gallery y'all.

Diaspora
                                dichotomy - worse when the user doesn't know what it means!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X