Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOTR clearly retains the mantle of the greatest scfi-fantasy epic ever filmed.

Depends what you mean by 'greatest'. Star Wars was always meant to be a cheesy homage to the space opera serials of the 1930s and 40s. So knocking it for bad dialogue and cheese (lo and behold where in the first three) doesn't really move Star Wars up or down.

My biggest beef with consistency/credibility is that Padme dies immediately after the twins are born. I distincly remember from Ep. VI RotJ that Luke asks Leia if she has any memories of her mother, her real mother, and Leia says something like "she was beautiful and very caring, but I don't remember much else, she died when I was very young". That just doesn't add up.

She was force sensitive remember. Though Luke was as well and doesn't remember. There are a few theories... Leia was 'with' Padme longer because she was second born. There is also a theory that father-son and mother-daughter have stronger force bond than the opposite.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Or that Lucas just had some crappy, inconsistent writing...

Comment

Well, everyone (and I mean everyone) was wondering how Lucas would do the whole Leia knew more about her mother thing. I'm sure Lucas knew those concerns.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Exactly. The first model ALWAYS takes longer due to unforseen things.

Though the best part of that scene was a young Grand Moff Tarkin on the bridge. That guy looked incredibly like a young Cushing.
          There's no reason to be building a Death Star at that point. There's not even a Rebellion.

Comment

He's probably constructing it so he can dissolve the senate...no planet is going to rebel once it knows it is going to get blown into tiny little pieces
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              There's no reason to be building a Death Star at that point. There's not even a Rebellion.
              Have you forgotten that whole look into the future thing?

Oh, as for the Rebellion... the formation was one of the things that was cut for the theatrical release.

Comment

Well, everyone (and I mean everyone) was wondering how Lucas would do the whole Leia knew more about her mother thing. I'm sure Lucas knew those concerns.
                ... and I'm sure he didn't care.

Comment

Deathstar

He has had the plans for it since the last movie. He wants to build it to take over the parts of the galaxy the Republic/Empire doesn't already control.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    ... and I'm sure he didn't care.
                    And yet he cared about concerns about how C3PO didn't know anything in the original trilogy? He knew those concerns and tried to fix them.

Comment

Re: Deathstar

Originally posted by pchang
                      He has had the plans for it since the last movie. He wants to build it to take over the parts of the galaxy the Republic/Empire doesn't already control.
                      That's right. I forgot that we saw Death Star schematics that Dooku took with him when the Jedi came to Genoisis (sp?)

Comment

What do you guys think of the "you are the chosen one" monologue. I think it was pretty good
                        What type of idiot quotes himself
                        -paramir

Comment

Best part of the movies... I think it elevated McGregor to the best actor in the series (over Ford).

Comment

Let's see if I can take a stab at it...

Padme gives birth. The twins are separated, leaving Padme with a choice - go with the boy to Tatooine or the girl to Alderaan. She chooses the girl, hiding out under the Senator's care.

Then, two-three years later, she dies. The Senator adopts.

OMG, it's teh consistancy!

Your explanation, btw, is pure shiite. 100% Grade-A.

Comment

Then she doesn't die in childbirth. The entire vision is what's inconsistent.

Comment

And I ask again:

What sort of craptastic mother decides that she has nothing to live for while she's giving birth. Stupid bint - kids are better off without her slack, whiny ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X