Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

The other thread has gone totally off-topic , so I thought it better to post a new thread . I also included a spoiler warning to ensure that nobody has any misunderstanding .

I just came back from watching it , and I have to say :

Lucas has , IMO , made up for the past two movies in this one . Vader folding his hands at the end was rather . . . . . . unVaderish , if I can call it that . He's not supposed to have any human mannerisms .

It was also a bit too short .

Opinions ?

Did you ever watch Old Yellow? About the dog...got rabies and they had to put him down. Dog saved someones life or something so it was really heart breaking. I was just a kid back then and cried, which everyone did, and then threw up, which really set me apart.

I hope this post doesn't spoil it for anyone.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

*bump*

Is no-one interested in actually discussing the movies ?

Comment

I already bumpt it for you with my Old Yellow comment...mostly to piss off JT...
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

He's not supposed to have any human mannerisms .

But he's a human (at least underneath it all)... so of course he is.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well . . . . . .

At least during his time as Vader , right until his redemption , he is supposed to be the most inhuman , cold , and ruthless bastard of the Star Wars universe . So I still maintain that his folding his hands is a bit out of place .

Humans fold their hands when they are not in agreement with a certain view/circumstance , and subconsiously consider it a form of protection from said views/circumstances . Vader does not need , neither does he need to appear to need , such protection . Thus , his folding his hands was unVaderish .

And why didn't they heal what was left of his body before putting on the robosuit ? And what it it with his height ? He is not the towering menace he was in the old Trilogy ( he no longer appears more than a head taller than the Emperor ) .

Till now , it has had a good reception in India , but only two types of people watched it - the hardcore fans , and the old-timers ( like my Dad ) who had seen the original movies . It has not really succeeded in attracting a new audience . Of course , that fact that it was launched today might have something to do with it .

Comment

At least during his time as Vader , right until his redemption , he is supposed to be the most inhuman , cold , and ruthless bastard of the Star Wars universe . So I still maintain that his folding his hands is a bit out of place .

That's the Vader of 20 years after his 'creation'. The loss of Padme turned him into an inhuman and cold creature. That scene didn't seem very long after that.

Humans fold their hands when they are not in agreement with a certain view/circumstance , and subconsiously consider it a form of protection from said views/circumstances . Vader does not need , neither does he need to appear to need , such protection . Thus , his folding his hands was unVaderish .

What?! Since when do humans fold their hands when they are not in agreement?! Its a very badguy like move when surveying a project.

And why didn't they heal what was left of his body before putting on the robosuit ?

Well the robo-meds were doing so right before he got the suit. Remember, his lungs were scorched, so if they didn't get that suit on ASAP, he would have been a gonner.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We already have a thread about this. Do we really need another one about the exact same subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  I already bumpt it for you with my Old Yellow comment...mostly to piss off JT...

Comment

The other thread has degenerated into old-timers reminescing and fighting over memories ( some have gone to the extent of posting photographical evidence ) .

I'd say that if we want meaningful discussion of the real topic , then yes , another thread is required . I didn't like to do it , but I wanted to discuss it , and nothing can now stop that debate in the other thread .

Comment

One of my big, honest, real gripes about the movie:

Who the **** says "You killed the younglings" when the phrase "You killed the children" is so much better? It's like saying "I don't give a frack" when you want to say "I don't give a ****"--it just makes you sound retarded.
                      B♭3

Comment

Who the **** says "You killed the younglings" when the phrase "You killed the children" is so much better?

Word. I thought the exact same thing...

All the Ani/Padme dialogue was horrible however, so I can't really single this specific incident out. ROTS has the worst dialogue of all 6 movies...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I dunno... Nothing I heard in ROTS is as bad as "Your skin is so smooth, not rough like the desert."

Well, maybe not.

Spoiler:
                          "My only sin is loving you too much"

Except the line wasn't even that good. And the delivery was worse.
                          B♭3

Comment

What about this?

Spoiler:
                            Ani: You're so beautiful.

Pad: Only because I'm so in love.

Annie: No, it is me who is so in love! (roughly)

Padme: (Some gay bull**** that was supposed to be cute, I guess, but ended up sounding horrendous and has therefore been blocked from my memory.)
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, that might have been what I was thinking about. Like my initial commentary, less Lucas dialogue+more sabering/'splosioning ==> better movie.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X