Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should have made it a silent movie. John Williams score + cool sound effects - Lucas dialogue = teh ****...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

JT hates Old Yellow!
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I still want an answer - why is he so short this time around ?

Comment

I thought the dialogue was actually pretty decent all around for this movie. A few love scenes weren't that great, but the rest was definetly good stuff, especially between Anakin & Obi-Wan.

I enjoyed the dialogue in this one. Akin to the first trilogy's dialogue.

As for "youngling", it's Jedi talk. I mean you can't really say "Who'd say that" when you are talking about a fictional group! Who says "May the Force be with you", after all?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I thought the dialogue was actually pretty decent all around for this movie. A few love scenes weren't that great, but the rest was definetly good stuff, especially between Anakin & Obi-Wan.

No offense, but you're insane.

The only one with good dialogue was Palpatine. The only other one with passable dialogue was Obi-Wan. Even Yoda got stuck with mostly terrible lines, which pains me...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It seems like most people thought the dialogue was far better in RotS. I thought every part of dialogue was better with the exception of some of the Anakin/Padme scenes.

The only line which people thought wasn't good with Yoda was the line about him being friends with the Wookies. Everything else was pretty good for him.

Also, it seems (according to IMDB), Lucas brought in a dialogue coach, recommended by Francis Ford Coppola.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Many of Yoda's lines were complete crap. They messed up the syntax on even really short sentences, which just sounds silly. And...

Spoiler:
                Not if anything to say about it, I have.

... is just cheesy.

It seems like most people thought the dialogue was far better in RotS.

Are these the same people who refer to "Star Wars" as "Episode 4"?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They messed up the syntax on even really short sentences, which just sounds silly.

But Yoda is all about messed up syntax. People would wonder why in the Hell is he talking all normal on those sentances.

Are these the same people who refer to "Star Wars" as "Episode 4"?

You mean most people when talking about the multiple movies in the Star Wars series to distinguish among them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Did you ever watch Old Yellow? About the dog...got rabies and they had to put him down. Dog saved someones life or something so it was really heart breaking. I was just a kid back then and cried, which everyone did, and then threw up, which really set me apart.

I hope this post doesn't spoil it for anyone.
                    Damn you!
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

But Yoda is all about messed up syntax. People would wonder why in the Hell is he talking all normal on those sentances.

He didn't garble the syntax on all his sentences in the first trilogy; he only did so when it would come out decent. Listening to him speak in ROTS is like listening to a charicature of what Yoda used to be...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

::shrug::

Yoda's syntax never bothered me and seemed natural for his character, IMO.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Yoda: A prophecy that misread could have been.

Obi-Wan: He will not let me down. He never has.

Yoda: I hope right, you are.

Aghhh!
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Anyway , what about the height thing ? Isn't Vader too short ?

Comment

Imran, the SW apologist, fanboi... only half

1. As for "youngling", it's Jedi talk. --And it's still retarded. And it doesn't explain why Natalie Portman (who for some unknown reason doesn't go get a goddamn ultrasound... ) calls them "younglings" as well. Besides, "May the Force be with you" at least brings in some of their beliefs into it--after all, their lives revolve around it. Whereas, "younglings" just sounds like the Jedi believe children are nothing more than not truly sentient animals or plants: other -lings, are, for instance, zerglings, saplings, triflings... Not only is it borderline disrespectful, it just flat out sounds retarded. It's no different from the annoying habit in BSG/B5 to use the word "frack".

2. Yoda's syntax. In the original trilogy, it was far less predictable than it was in this one. Now it just seems like they're trying too hard.
                              B♭3

Comment

Praise the gods, I wasn't the only one that thought "youngling" sounded stupid and distracted a bit from the horror of the slaughter. Even the term "padawan" is better and actually implies something of the relationship between child and jedi instead of just sounding like foreign alien speak.
                                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                                X