No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:29.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
      By the way, tell me how many Americans really want to work jobs that illegal immigrants are taking??
      18 million, I forget whether that is native born only or also the legal immigrants, but 18 million. It also ignores the fact that many of these businesses will have to invest in capital/labor saving devices such as the on the vine raisin growing technique the Austrailians are using.

Comment

• So you're telling me that 18 million people are out of work because illegal immigrants took their jobs?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Secondly, you don't know what you are talking about, there is a big population of Salvadoran immigrants here for a reason.
          MS-13 gets all the press, but most of the time people are seeing SUR-13,the Mexican gang.

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          Us and them language.

A very good example of fear and paranoia. Thanks for backing up my point.
          How should I address them? thanks for making my point by totally avoiding my arguments by the way.

Comment

So you're telling me that 18 million people are out of work because illegal immigrants took their jobs?
            No I am saying that there are 18 million people in direct competition for those jobs because that is what you asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha

MS-13 gets all the press, but most of the time people are seeing SUR-13,the Mexican gang.
              See what I mean? You can't even describe these people without associating them with gangs!!

What state do you live in? Do you even know any Hispanic people? You describe them like aliens from Mars or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha

No I am saying that there are 18 million people in direct competition for those jobs because that is what you asked.

Yeah right.

Do you HONESTLY see people complaining because they can't get a job at McDonald's? GET REAL.

As for your technology panacea argument, it's not gonna work. There are always going to have to be people out there to do something manually, whether you like it or not.

Comment

• I live in Texas. and keep it up.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:31.

Comment

Yeah right.

Do you HONESTLY see people complaining because they can't get a job at McDonald's? GET REAL.

As for your technology panacea argument, it's not gonna work. There are always going to have to be people out there to do something manually, whether you like it or not.
                      so we need a ghettoized slave labor class instead of paying the people(native born and legal immigrants) we do have more?

Oh, and if you have evidence to the contrary, then this guy lied before congress:
                      "Testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives
                      Committee on the Judiciary
                      Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims

March 24, 2004

Statement of Mark Krikorian
                      Executive Director, Center for Immigration Studies
                      It is indeed likely that middle-class Americans would not be interested in most of the jobs held by Mexican immigrants, because they are generally low-paying jobs done by unskilled workers. However, it is also clear that there are millions of Americans who are already doing precisely these kinds of jobs. In March 2003, there were 8.8 million native-born adults without a high-school education who were employed, 1.3 million native-born dropouts unemployed, and a further 6.8 million not even in the work force. There is a good deal of evidence that these Americans – nearly 17 million people – are in direct competition with Mexican immigrants – i.e., these are jobs that Americans will do and are doing already.
                      ..."

Comment

• Even if you pay them the minimum wage, they're still the ones who are going to do the jobs, cause I don't see Bob down the corner wanting to do the work. Okay, so you've now moved them up from slave labor class to service class. That's what we should be doing.

Our entire service class here in Cali is made up of Hispanic immigrants (legal and illegal) making minimum wage anyway.

By the way the slave labor thing is a joke. Those people choose to be there, even if they get exploited when the arrive.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:30.

Comment

• They might appreciate a pay raise. And the rest of us would appreciate not having 15 billion dollars leave the economy every year.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:30.

Comment

• I somehow doubt illegal immigrants are being paid even minimum wage. And you also seem to think that wages would stay at minimum wages if the labor market for those jobs were restricted to only the legal and native born in those categories.

Comment

Working...
                                X