No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:24.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Naw, they only shoot unarmed black kids which they've mistaken as gang members. They do however shoot said kids 100 TIMES!!!!

Can we say excessive force?
      But they only wounded him. It's not excessive force. They are just compensating for their bad aim.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Have we any evidence that any terrorist has ever entered the country illegally?
        Farida Goolam Mohamed Ahmed did over 250 times.

Comment

"Any discussion about "lack of controls" on the Mexican border has to involve discussion about the Canadian border."

No, it doesn't. They are two seperate borders, you can discuss one without discussing the other. If you wanted to start a thread about overall border security you could do so, but I made this thread because there was a specific article of interest relating to the Mexican border.

As I just said, terrorism was another issue I brought up as a reason for guarding the border. The reason we were discussing the Mexican border is because there a recent article suggesting that we aren't properly enforcing the Mexican border- in fact refusing to enforce the law at all to score a political point.

Your own article says:

though he cautioned "It is possible that they are there"

And I as I pointed out earlier there is intelligence we have that they might also use the Mexican border.

"
          By the way you're not racist, you just buy too much into the crap that is being fed to you without questioning it."

How so, Ted?
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
            An illustration of the problem on the border:

If that freaks you out you should see the Canadian border.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They cut a 5 foot line in the trees and call it a border...
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                Have we any evidence that any terrorist has ever entered the country illegally, as opposed to getting a valid visa and then overstaying? Did the 2000 LA bomber enter illegally?
                He didn't enter at all. They nabbed him on the border.

Well, I suppose he entered, in the custody of the US border patrol and half a dozen other agencies...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"They cut a 5 foot line in the trees and call it a border..."

cleared fields of fire, excellent.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Ted is correct. A lot of this teethgnashing over the Mexican border is mostly racism and 'you took eer jerbs". It is amazing how much attention is put on the Mexican border, when the Canadian border is far less guarded and easy as Hell to cross even at a checkpoint.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You guys should just build a 100 ft high wall around the whole country and all live in underground bunkers.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Any discussion about "lack of controls" on the Mexican border has to involve discussion about the Canadian border.

Otherwise, it's a hypocritical, narrow-minded discussion.
                        That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that 90% of the drugs entering this country come from the US-Mexico border. It seems like that is the region where we'd get the largest return on our efforts.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If we are talking about terrorists coming in (as I've seen on this thread). More of them are coming in from Canada from past history.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                            What you guys don't get is that it doesn't matter whether this is actually true or not. If it is believed to be true, then it has the same polticial ramnifications as though it were true even if it isn't.

As for the source, howver, it doesn't matter who chooses to report it be it the Washington Times or the New York Times, as the source of the information is listed. More then anonymus calls from Border Patrol agents who claim to have recieved the memo. Anonymus sources aren't great, but for something like this it seems unlikely you would get a non-anonymus source as that would likely cause the source his job. Whether you want to believe the anonymus sources are real or not is up to you.
                            Federal whistle-blower statutes, not to mention book and interview deals, would derail any impact on the job.

BTW, Al Qaeda is not likely to be humping the Sonoran desert with a bunch of pollos and polleros. That's the joke of the year.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that 90% of the drugs entering this country come from the US-Mexico border. It seems like that is the region where we'd get the largest return on our efforts.
                              And a major portion of them come in with the complicity, and sometimes the aid, of the people who are supposedely there to stop them. Do you know how much War on Drugs budget money goes to Federal law enforcement every year? Who in their right minds wants to "win" the war on drugs?
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                If we are talking about terrorists coming in (as I've seen on this thread). More of them are coming in from Canada from past history.
                                You mean 1-0?
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X