No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only, ONLY problem I have with illegal crossings are the security ramifications. Frankly, I don't think the United States has anything to lose by having a Hispanic plurality.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
      The only, ONLY problem I have with illegal crossings are the security ramifications. Frankly, I don't think the United States has anything to lose by having a Hispanic plurality.
      We have nothing to lose but the ability to say the short i properly.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Huh?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Uncontrolled illegal immigration from Mexico also ensures that that those that do make it over here, legally or illegally, can be perpetually paid slave wages.

Illegal imigration hurts everything it touches.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Illegal immigrants being paid far below minimum wage greatly hurts the employment prospects and wage potential of native workers. Why would you ever hire a native worker who you must pay minimum wage to when you could hire an illegal immigrant for $3/hour?

But regardless of your position on immigration, not guarding the border is still serious. If you're not guarding it, then anyone or anything could get to the other side.
            Last edited by Shi Huangdi; May 13, 2005, 13:23.
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 21:51.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oh boy, another immigration thread!

who doesn't want multiple drug resistant tuberculosis?

Sadly, there will be no quick fix to Social Security, because the average age of the immigrants coming to the US is 3 years older then the population itself,and of course we'll have to pay them SS if Bush gets his way:
                Many advocates of high immigration argue that it fundamentally changes the nation’s age structure, and is very helpful in solving the problem of an aging society.

Comment

Actually, a lot of illegal immigrants make "good" money. In Farmington, NY, they were getting $10/hour.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    It's hilarious they want to impeach him for not rounding up brown people harshly enough.

But lying to your own people to go bomb them, well that's just fine and dandy!

YEE HAW

USA!

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The only real scandal here is the perfect illustration that beauracracies tend to value covering their own butts more than doing a good job.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                        Illegal immigrants being paid ffare below minimum wage greatly hurts the employment prospects and wage potential of native workers. Why would you ever hire a native worker who you must pay minimum wage to when you could hire an illegal immigrant for $3/hour?
                        Because even as manager of some company you should obey the law

Comment

"The only real scandal here is the perfect illustration that beauracracies tend to value covering their own butts more than doing a good job."

Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

it's called the "c-ya policy"
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:22.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

An illustration of the problem on the border:

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                                X