No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 21:48.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The on the vine method is proven, its not even a matter of Bush's corporate friends even having to think, they just have to implement it.

and our entire economy has not changed, services have not and will not replace manufacturing.

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The CEO of Wallmart says so.

Comment

• /

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                But because the argument against illegal immigration is not in itself racist, it's an incredibly unjust position to take to associate opposition to illegal immigration with racism.

No it isn't. 'Economic security' is a pretext for racism. We don't want those Mexicans to take our jobs! Just like all the anti-globalization rhetoric centering on jobs being located in India is a racist device (or do you really think unions are concerned about accents.. if so some areas of the US are good places not to put call centers).

Its the same phenomenon we witness when people see a young black male walking towards them on the street and they go to the other side of the street. Perhaps they say it is because security concerns about muggings and whatnot, but really it's a pretext for perhaps subconscious racism.

The mere fact is that people don't really take too well of the new guys and whether it is in Europe, Asia, or the US, there is subconcious and conscious racism involved in immigration debates.

I oppose a high level of exporting jobs from United States to other countries, not because I'm racist, but because I know how deplorably low the wages are, that others in third world countries are paid, and how poor their working conditions are. Plus, that these jobs could have been for Americans here, rather than other people abroad.

And the fact that I'm concerned about illegal immigration certainly does not make me a racist.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha
                  I somehow doubt illegal immigrants are being paid even minimum wage.
                  Some get paid far better than min wage. As I previously posted, illegals in Farmington, NY, on Long Island, were getting $10/hour for jobs American workers either wouldn't do or wouldn't do well. The main complaint that bosses had was that American workers were too much of a hassle to deal with. Not that I have anything against that.

Anyway, I don't see too many Americans being willing to pick strawberries.

Edit, finally, I don't reember this much vehemence against the Irish that were pouring into the U.S. during the 80s.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                    yes, because americans are lining up for landscaping jobs and hotel maids in my city...

mexicans are the only people who want to do landscaping in 115 degree heat.
                    That's bull****. Not all native people are rich and decline such work. I don't know how it is in your city but in other places there are natives quite willing to do landscaping jobs, hotel maids and any number of jobs that people on here who say Illegals are the only ones doing them. It's just that Illegals accept lower pay for the **** jobs.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Here we go again with the racism charge agaisnt those who want the goverment to actually enforce the law. I don't give a **** what color you are. If you want to come into the country then you do it according to the law. I don't care if you come from Mexico, Canada, Jamaica (be it stabbing Jamaica or the tourist Jamaica) or from Ireland. Despite what some of you would like and need to think, it's not about color or ethnic background for everyone who would simply like to see the laws enforced. The laws need to be changed and in some cases scrapped but that does not mean let's just ****ing ignore the ones we have now. And it's just not about stopping these people at the borders, it's about high fines and prison terms for business owners who consistently ingnore the laws. (And if you think Dems are any better in this area then your smoking too damned much of your weed so lay off the bud) If the people want to come here then fine, but it needs to be regulated and overseen a hell of a lot better than they are doing it now.

As for the specific topic of this thread. Not really surprising. Disheartning perhaps, but not surprising.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• The law is wrong.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• As is paying a tax when your buying food or paying the goverment every year so they don't come take your house but we still have to do it.

Comment

• As is paying a tax when your buying food

You pay tax on groceries?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I don't.

Nothin' wrong with paying taxes in general though, if you want to have roads, schools, police, safe food and drinking water, pollution not running through your yeard, etc.

Comment

• I never have. Not in Quebec, Ontario or Maryland.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X