No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Qaeda will fly their people in on valid visas just like they did last time.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A lot of this teethgnashing over the Mexican border is mostly racism and 'you took eer jerbs". It is amazing how much attention is put on the Mexican border, when the Canadian border is far less guarded and easy as Hell to cross even at a checkpoint.
      You know, "racist" has to be the left's version of the "unpatroitic" slur some on the right use. "Racist" just ends up getting used to attack anyone who disagrees with the left's position on any given issue. As this thread demonstrates, illegal immigration is one of those issues. There's also affirmative action, welfare policies(obviously you view black mothers as lazy and don't want to give them money), and war(We go to war because we don't care about Arbas since they aren't white).

And this "You aren't allowed talk about the Mexican border since there is a bigger problem with Canada)" is rediculous as well. Terrorists may be a bigger problem on the Canadian border, but that was just one of the issues I mentioned. There are also the issues of criminals, violent drug gangs, and illegal immigrants from the Mexican border. But even with regards to terrorism, just because as there is a bigger problem somewhere else doesn't mean you can't talk about something else. Is it hypocritical to discuss poverty in Latin America because it's worse in Africa? Is it narrow minded to discuss pollution problems from China because the USA pollutes more? The fact that there is a bigger issue somewhere else doesn't challenge whether or not any one thing is a problem.

Federal whistle-blower statutes, not to mention book and interview deals, would derail any impact on the job.
      That's a good point, but they may not have those in mind. They could be concerned the boss get to them anyway, or it could be that an angry boss is more salient to them then a whistle-blower statute.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Oh, and the time before that too.

So far, at least 24 successful entrances legally into the US from Europe, Asia and the ME by terrorists who went on to kill Americans at the WTC (twice) and the Pentagon.

1 failed attempt to enter illegally through Canada.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

1 failed attempt to enter illegally through Canada.
          That we know about. Supposedly there is intelligence they could be in both Canada and Mexico.

Comment

Number of times the lie has been repeated that some of the Sept. 11 terrorists entered through Canada: very large

Number of times Hillary Clinton has claimed to have reliable information about terrorist suspects entering through Canada when, in fact, she had no such information: once
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

That we know about. Supposedly there is intelligence they could be in both Canada and Mexico.
              Whatever. Americans are so ****ing paranoid. Go hide in a bunker with duct tape over the entrances.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Whatever. Americans are so ****ing paranoid. Go hide in a bunker with duct tape over the entrances.
                I don't think it's a paranoia to suggest we could do a better job guarding our borders.

Comment

No, it's paranoia to start talking about walls and guardtowers.

We've got your back. All this bull**** about "lax immigration laws" means absolutely nothing. Just because we let more people in doesn't mean we aren't keeping our eyes open.

If anything, it's a dumb idea to try to enter through Canada. Then they have to go through at least two borders instead of just one.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This story is on FOX right now!

click!
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

FOX can eat my ass. They've falsely reported about 9/11 terrorists entering through Canada on multiple occasions.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"FOX can eat my ass."

My brother has a donkey too.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You know, "racist" has to be the left's version of the "unpatroitic" slur some on the right use. "Racist" just ends up getting used to attack anyone who disagrees with the left's position on any given issue. As this thread demonstrates, illegal immigration is one of those issues.

No, it actually is racist. Because the 'brown' people are taking jobs there is something horrible about it! This whole 'if it happens somewhere else, we can't talk about it with Mexico' is silliness... because Mexico gets 100 times more coverage about its open border.

For some reason, brown people are easier to demonize. How many times have I heard lets nuke all the Arabs? They aren't human, so it's ok .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, it actually is racist. Because the 'brown' people are taking jobs there is something horrible about it! This whole 'if it happens somewhere else, we can't talk about it with Mexico' is silliness... because Mexico gets 100 times more coverage about its open border.
                            No, it's not the fact that they are 'brown'. Hispanics or people of other races who are US citizens are perfectly free to get jobs, and there is no campaigning against that. The factor at work here is the legality of their immigration, not their race, and to equate wanting our immigration laws enforced with racism is nothing but disgusting slander.

because Mexico gets 100 times more coverage about its open border.
                            Then maybe Canada should get more press coverage. However, in this case, there is actually news about something happening on the Mexican border. If you care so much about Canada's border, though, you should be happy the Minuteman are considering doing another of their vigils on the Canadian border to draw attention to that. Then Canada's border might well get the press coverage.

How many times have I heard lets nuke all the Arabs? They aren't human, so it's ok.
                            You're smarter then that, Imran. The morons who make that comment that do so because of people's association of Arabs with terrorism, not because they were Brown. Before the Arabs, it was the Russians we didn't like. "I have signed legislation to outlaw Russia forever, bombing will begin in five minutes." is a quote you should be familiar with.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:25.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:26.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X