No announcement yet.

I OWNED the AP physics exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about it, Kenobi. Asher is just a nothing intern in an out of the way branch of a multi-national corporation who isn't even aware he exists. He tries to make it out to be more than it is, but he's fooling nobody, not even himself, therefore he insults others in order to deflect any criticism of himself. He can't help it, it's his nature - just check out his blast at UR and Agathon in his latest tech thread. It came out of nowhere, had nothing to do with the subject at hand, but he couldn't resist himself.

Such a tact might score him feel-good points on a message board, but will serve him poorly once he gets into an actual position of authority. If he gets into an actual position of authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      So you believe that I am willing to sacrifice my ideals in order to be well liked?
      No, but I'm willing to bet you sacrifice reason and fairness for your ideals.

And that's not a good thing.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My teacher has given us many, many, individual problems that were harder and took longer than the entire test.
        Just like it should be.

i wish i oxned my exams
        I wish you wouldn't waste federal money by trying to study at an university and smoking pot at the same time

High school doesn't matter. You do "good enough" to get into university and enjoy your youth.

The IB nerds wasted their youth for nothing.
        Off-topic question: "Enjoy your youth" is a secularist codeword for getting drunk and ****ing around, isn't it? I've spent a while now, trying to figure out exactly what it means, but that's the most plausible meaning I could think of considering the situations it is being used as an excuse.

What did it accomplish for him that regular studies didn't accomplish for me?
        There's this thing called "learning". Some of us go to school to learn, some of us go to get a nice stamp, clearance to the next level and time for "enjoying our youth."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Don't worry about it, Kenobi. Asher is just a nothing intern in an out of the way branch of a multi-national corporation who probably isn't even aware he exists.
          Over 70% of IBM interns are hired back full-time when they graduate. The others usually accept offers from elsewhere.

The program is called "EPIC" (Employment Pathways for Interns and Coops) for a reason. They hire you for 16 months, you work just like any other new hire in your field, and they almost always offer you the job full time when you graduate. It's essentially a trial employment. Most of the members on my team began as interns here in the EPIC program.

As usual, you've no idea what you're talking about. Your run a company that distributes phone books in an age when Google Local threatens your very being -- I understand your bitterness.

He tries to make it out to be more than it is, but he's fooling nobody and has to result to insults about others in order to deflect any criticism of himself. He can't help it - just check out his blast at UR and Agathon in his latest tech thread. It came out of nowhere, had nothing to do with the subject at hand, but he couldn't resist himself.

Such a tact might score him feel-good points on a message board, but will serve him poorly once he gets into an actual position of authority.
          Which thread?

Agathon's opinions of technology are as well-informed and reasonable as UR's opinions of democracy.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Your run a company that distributes phone books in an age when Google Local threatens your very being -- I understand your bitterness.

Actually, I sold it. I'm kind of taking the year off, working some consulting gigs at my parents and other companies, but I no longer own or am involved in CRG.

Comment

Didn't you convert to another religion simply to please your girlfriend at the time?
              I started going to masses before I met her, and I didn't convert until a year after we had broken up.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                Actually, I sold it. I'm kind of taking the year off, working some consulting gigs at my parents and other companies, but I no longer own or am involved in CRG.
                Unemployed and consulting for your parents company? The one that you badmouthed repeatedly on these forums?

Comment

about a year after they broke up

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I proposed after my confirmation, with her as my sponsor.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You people disgust me

Comment

Pity me. I had to mark exams today.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

haha

you sure would have more fun marking me, at least I make jokes in my papers but the correctors are full of **** and they substract points
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Unemployed and consulting for your parents company? The one that you badmouthed repeatedly on these forums?
                            Unemployed? Projected income this year is $70k, not counting the gain from selling CRG.

Consulting for my parents company? Get a few years on you kid and you, too, will be surprised at the turns life makes.

Comment

When I was a twenty something year old punk, I knew that I knew everything worth knowing. Later, I knew all there was that I did not know. Now, I realise I don't even know that much. But, I do know that I know a lot more than a twenty something year old punk.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Well, I guess that shows your ignorance more than anything else.

I don't claim to know everything worth knowing, nor would I ever claim such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X