No announcement yet.

I OWNED the AP physics exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when does making everybody like you equate to good social skills?

Good Lord, this is just plain sad. I can't even think of anything witty to say about this one. Sometimes people just pwn themselves, I guess.

EDIT: I know a dude taking 5 AP classes, and he's better off socially than certain posters here, but he really sacrifices a lot to do it. A high school senior should be spending every night out instead of studying.

Anyway, you're going to hold the celebratory party for this event in your second master bedroom, skywalker?
    Last edited by mrmitchell; May 9, 2005, 21:13.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

hurry up and make a snide remark about kuci's continued selfpwnage before I go back to TOTALLY PWN KOTOR AGAIN!!!!!

Comment

I try to resist the temptation, but the threads just keep coming...

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          What bathroom thing?

(me me me me!)
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
            I try to resist the temptation, but the threads just keep coming...

I can now beat Malak. Thank you, irate:

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Well, look at it this way.

Look what full IB did for you, and look what doing zero homework in highschool did for me.

High school doesn't matter. You do "good enough" to get into university and enjoy your youth.
              Yes, but when "good enough" is top marks on the IB, it does matter what you did. It's perfectly possible to enjoy your youth and get top marks on IB.

You're the one who says that youth is about enjoyment, not grades, and yet you're the same one who believes you're better off because you're working for IBM. Life is about enjoyment, not just achievement. BK may enjoy his work as much as you enjoy yours, so the:

"I'm the person who only took one IB course... I'm working at IBM.

You took full IB and you're working construction."

Thing isn't really the point. So what? That matters about as much as your grades do.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                You're the one who says that youth is about enjoyment, not grades, and yet you're the same one who believes you're better off because you're working for IBM. Life is about enjoyment, not just achievement. BK may enjoy his work as much as you enjoy yours, so the:

"I'm the person who only took one IB course... I'm working at IBM.

You took full IB and you're working construction."

Thing isn't really the point. So what? That matters about as much as your grades do.
                He may enjoy it, but that's not the point.

The point was what full IB did for him -- the time sink it is. What did it accomplish for him that regular studies didn't accomplish for me?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

Good Lord, this is just plain sad. I can't even think of anything witty to say about this one. Sometimes people just pwn themselves, I guess.
                  I guess you're fundamentally confused about what good social skills are as well.

It's something independent of if you like the person.

Someone who is agreeable doesn't have good social skills by definition. I would argue the opposite -- that they sacrifice objectivity and reason for being polite and well-liked.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

pchang, OUCH! That was one brutal thread.. read every page of it

But I don't know why people would hold it against him. He's a lot like me. I talk smack all the time and promote myself more than D. Trump. Blessed be the day when I don't come screaming how insanely rich I'll become etc. And I believe that, sincerely. This means that a) none of you bastards belive me and think I'm not worth even trashing because I just might be too deluded or b) You all believe me and don't want to piss me off because later on I could just by a cruise missile just to launch it at your house, because I'm stubborn SOB like that, would wait 10 years just to do that and work hard for it, just to blow up your house for calling me Nancy in a thread once.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Tass, I am big physically, I am huge downstairs and I'm not afraid to say it, even though jealous people will come and scream 'this be the opposite now!!1'. I admit, my bank account is still waiting to be huge but that's only a matter of time. EVerything else is already a fact and I'm proud to say it in here, even if you don't believe it. That's the caliber of my testicular fortitude
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        pchang, OUCH! That was one brutal thread.. read every page of it

But I don't know why people would hold it against him. He's a lot like me. I talk smack all the time and promote myself more than D. Trump. Blessed be the day when I don't come screaming how insanely rich I'll become etc. And I believe that, sincerely. This means that a) none of you bastards belive me and think I'm not worth even trashing because I just might be too deluded or b) You all believe me and don't want to piss me off because later on I could just by a cruise missile just to launch it at your house, because I'm stubborn SOB like that, would wait 10 years just to do that and work hard for it, just to blow up your house for calling me Nancy in a thread once.
                        Or c) your posts are too long for anyone to read, much less respond to with any degree of scathing witticism.

Or a and c.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          He may enjoy it, but that's not the point.

The point was what full IB did for him -- the time sink it is. What did it accomplish for him that regular studies didn't accomplish for me?
                          If he is more happy than he would be having not done IB, then it has accomplished something regular studies wouldn't have. You may have been better off (higher up, easier time in college, better paid, better job) if you'd done the IB. You might not be, but to say it's useless because you did well without it is falicious. The IB is useful if you want to go to a good school, being that it's harder. Sure, it may not be worth it, but it may be.

he may be happier because of the IB, you might be if you'd taken it. It's not useless.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Asher:

8 months ago I was working construction, I've had a couple jobs since then. I'm doing data entry plus lots of other stuff for a friend of mine right now, and quite enjoying it.

First of all, I am not you. The decisions that you make about your life are not the ones that I will make. So to compare your life with mine is not the right question.

Secondly, you have benefitted from IB, although not from the full program. As a certificate student, the question is really, would the full program be superior to the certificate?

Finally, I greatly thrived under the IB program, I did very well in high school under that arrangement. It prepared me well in first year sciences at UBC as I had hardly anything new.

The longest essay I have written was in IB, for my extended essay. On the effects of magnetic fields in the early stages of stellar evolution.

I doubt I would have been better off in the regular program, because I liked having the best teachers and the most challenging classes available.

The reason I say they are sour grapes is because of your original comments insulting me and the IB program without prior provocation.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Someone who is agreeable doesn't have good social skills by definition. I would argue the opposite -- that they sacrifice objectivity and reason for being polite and well-liked.
                              So you believe that I am willing to sacrifice my ideals in order to be well liked?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Lest this thread go off topic...

Originally posted by joncha

Comment

Working...
                                X