No announcement yet.

Ghosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

et moi je te remplis de plomb avec mon six-coups.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      economics explains it pretty well
      Shades of CEO Morgan...
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        1. There has never been a case where more than one person encountered a ghost.
        I've heard several of those cases, though they're not as common I believe

And I've also heard lots of cases where personA has a ghost-experience, but decides not to tell anyone. Then personB stays at this same place and has exactly the same ghost-experience as personA. PersonB decides to share it and by this he discovers that personA has seen the exact same thing
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

And another thing about the ghost-story I told you about yesterday
          My family who lives in that house has often experienced where the door to the bathroom was locked even though nobody was in there
          I've never heard about such type of lock they have that auto-locks at random times, but I wouldn't be surpised if it turns out to be some faulty lock they have
          It takes more than some feelings and a locked door to make me believe there's ghost(s) in that place, so I'm not the kind of person who believes everybody when they say their house is haunted
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

To me, ghosts I have seen (not that there have been many) are as real as any of my other hallucinations, which are as real as any of you, and as real as any people i meet in real life.

I live in a confusing world.
            Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

The last house I used to live in had one of those garages that were separate from the house. The back door of the garage didn't lock, but it was one of those neighborhoods where it wasn't a concern. Nor could anyone tell as it could be closed just fine. However, during one summer, we discovered the door open and no remembers leaving it open. In fact, we hardly used it because we usually opened the garage door itself. Anyway, we were worried that animals could get in, so the door shouldn't have been left open. It seemed impossible that an animal could open it as it had a round knob that was difficult enough for any of us to turn let alone an opposable-thumb-lacking critter. So we closed it and forgot about it. Yet, about once every week that summer, we found the door open with no explaination. Neighbors said that this house used to belong to a mechanic who fixed up old cars in the garage. Everynight, he'd go through that door to make a few adjustments and tinker around. Often so engrossed in his work, he'd leave the door open behind. The neighbors said that he died several years ago in an automobile accident. So for sometime we thought it was his ghost opening the door. Then we discovered it was only bigfoot.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I put the concept of ghosts alongside the idea of dragons and teletubbies...A half-witted fantasy.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've not had a definate personal experience of them, but here is a freaky story for you all.

We need to go back about 18 years to my parents house in south west england.
                  This is what happend and made me view these things with a more open mind.
                  The youngest of my brothers and sisters kept leaving their bedroom to stay in my parents rooms because they were scared and having bad dreams. This went on for a couple of weeks, some nights worse than others.

Anyway we eventualy got information out of the young uns, they apparently were both getting woken up with a bad dream that involved a fire in the bedroom, and in a few instances when they were most afraid, when they awoke they could see the fire in the corner of their room.

Anyway my mother did a little research in the local libary on our house and came up with some newspaper cuting from around the time of WWII.

A german bombing run had hit Plymouth and on its way back had some spare bombs so dropped them on the village. Our house had been hit and damaged - that particualr bedroom on the front corner of the house being most damaged.

Spooky.

Still the dreams+visions stopped after a while and that was the end of that. We keep those old paper cuttings in a frame to tell visitors the tale when they ask about them

a true story too.

And i know a school mate who had a situation a little like Adagio's story. So even though i've not seen one first hand - i think there must be something to all these types of events. Ghosts seems to sum it up nicely?
                  Last edited by child of Thor; May 10, 2005, 08:26.
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

My town got blitzed by the Luftwaffe, and the local school was
                    used to store the multitude of dead bodies from the nightly attacks.

Now this school has a reputation from students that
                    the old gym halls are haunted, and the rumour of dodgy
                    sealed-up underground tunnels too...

It appears there are quite a few military tunnel warren systems built in my area,
                    during the 1939-40 invasion scare in the UK...Complete with large air-raid shelters
                    and gasoline storage, I have even seen one of these.

Seems even in the event of a nazi invasion of the UK, the British
                    defence forces wanted to continue operations from hidden bases.

These tunnels are all over Glasgow too, and contribute much to urban legends and ghost tales...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

I claim to see hot women having sex with me. Do they exist?
                      Of course not! Only because it's you.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Excellent ghost stories!

"Then we discovered it was only bigfoot." -DaShi

More, more!
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                          I've heard several of those cases, though they're not as common I believe
                          Possibly, though I haven't heard any where the details match.

Originally posted by Adagio
                          And I've also heard lots of cases where personA has a ghost-experience, but decides not to tell anyone. Then personB stays at this same place and has exactly the same ghost-experience as personA. PersonB decides to share it and by this he discovers that personA has seen the exact same thing
                          I have seen these, too. However, the human mind works in strange ways. For example, there is a tendency to fill in details, and usually an event will get elaborated as time passes. This is evident in the experiments where false memory of alien abduction was planted in volunteers by suggestion.
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I wonder if there is a correlation between people who believe in Ghost and people who believe in God.

I'm not insinuating anything on this one, it would be an interesting relationship if there was one.

As for me I have no stories but my mother is a strong believer in Ghosts and everything spiritual, iirc shes mentioned seeing some once or twice, and my dad used to tell some pretty cool Ghost stories back in the days.

Comment

I really don't believe that ghosts exists, but I admit that what people have experienced cannot be explained away, and I also really enjoy ghost stories. In fact, this thread is creeping me out. And I like that.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ghost stories are fun, and good to scare others with

Comment

Working...
                                X