Ghosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts?

Are there ghosts? Ever seen one? Know anyone who has? Got any cool ghost stories?

When I was a kid I saw a guy coming at me in my living room. My whole family was watching TV, and I turned my head and there he was, coming at me. Just a kid, I turned away and froze in my chair, in fear. When I looked back he was gone.

Then, also as I child, I woke up and there were two little people on my dresser throwing sparkles at me. I hid under the covers, checking once in a while to see if they were still there. Eventually they were gone.

I guess I'm a total loony tune, but you knew that already.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I've seen plenty of ghosts. Of course, they were all on an old TV with bad reception.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

You know... I may be totally wacko, conspiracy theorist, Fox Mulder embodied, but I tend to explain ghosts with a number of factors, of which infrasound is the most important one. Low frequency sound that matches eye vibration frequency + psychological effects + fear instilled by infrasound + ghosts disappearing when you focus on them...
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

ghosts do not exist

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          ghosts do not exist
          Wrong by itself. If people claim to see them, they do exist. As a figment of imagination, a spirit, a hoax, whatever, but they exist. Just like God exists even if there is no God.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ghosts do not exist.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Everytime you say that a ghost dies!

I don't believe in Lancers.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

You guys can say that 'ghosts do not exist', but really all you are saying is that nothing you can't explain has ever happened to you and that your minds are closed.

Comment

must have been a different Lancer
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

? Different Lancer

Comment

Japher must have killed a different Lancer

Comment

Everything is explainable, Lancer, except human behavior.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

che, I'm inclined to agree...but I don't know the explanation.

Comment

UFOs cause ghosts! OMFG!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

One word: empiricism.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X