Ghosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    Adagio, such stuff could just be chance, a creepy room, that sort of thing. Whaddaya think?
    I know. Personally I don't believe that their house is "taken over" by a ghost, but I know that they believe so

It's not that incident that makes me believe in ghosts
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Why do you think she is 'little' 'old' or 'asian'. Must have seen something to have such an impression.
      Only the lower cabinets would be found open, none of the ones above the counter. Also, the smell of roses could be smelt now and then without them being in bloom, and my dog would beg to go outside, but to no one, and she would do it at the level of some one shorter than my wife.

I was told that before we moved in an old asian lady had died there (not in the house, but the house was vacated because of her death... she died at the hospital), and that she loved animals and gardening. I didn't tell the wife.

We never had any problems from her.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Under hypnosis, people can be convinced that things happened to them that never really happened. The mind is easily tricked or confused, and it tries to make meaning out of things it can't readily explain. No one likes to believe the tricked themselves. But people "experience" things that can't have happened all the time.

Take for example alien abductees who live in NYC. How is it possible that an alien space carft flew downinto NYC, abducted people out of their apartment, performed experiencets on them for hours, put them back in their apartment, and no one else noticed? I realize not many New Yorkers look up, but still.
        actually Discover magazine recently had an article about how peopel can "manufacture" memories.

and they determined this using alien abductee stories. At first they used people who had a spontaneious memory of child abuse, but that drew a lot of controversy.

The funny thing is there was still controversy about the alien abductee stories. People were saying you couldn't prove those didn't happen.

But they replayed the tapes of the people telling these stories. And the tapes created stress responses in the "victims". They truelly believe these events happened to them.

Memories can be created. Some people are more likely than others to do it. Mainly those that daydream alot.

Comment

Adagio, what experience made you believe?

"We never had any problems from her."

Japher, THAT is a cool story!

Diss, this thread is all in your mind because you've read threads before and seen movies with ghosts. This thread isn't real.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Wifey also thought her last place of employment was haunted by a bald man... Toilets would flush by themselves, and the fax machine would dial by themselves (though I hear this can happen without a ghost), and swears to have seen a bald man's reflection in a fume hood, even though no one was around.

I think she's nuts, but other ppl at her work swore the same thing.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Lancer; why don't you go waste your time with ghost cams?!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

She's not nuts Japher, good news! She's just having an experience you haven't had. You'll know she's nuts when she starts imagining little old asian ladies.

Really, if one is true then why not the other?

Comment

"Lancer; why don't you go waste your time with ghost cams?!"

I really don't care that much about it. It's just stuff that happened, nothing life changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Adagio, what experience made you believe?
                    It's just all those unexplained things (not just ghost stories) that makes me wonder if there's more than just what we can see. 90% of all those stories are probably just lies or mind playing tricks, but I doubt they all are fakes... technology is just not advanced enough to prove it
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Comment

i believe ghosts exist because there used to be one that lived in my house - and im telling you, i aing making this up. he left though a few years ago, we dont know where he went.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

LoA, how did you know you had a ghost in your house?

Comment

at nite there would be the sound of someone going up stairs slowly, but there were no stairs where he was making noises. we talked to neighbors and they said they are all asleep at that time (around 11 pm)

the firealarm would also go off everynite at exactly 2 am, even after we took out the batteries.

the hot and cold water would get switched in the morning, so you could burn yourself. that was peculier because we live in an old house and it usually takes a 30seconds for the warm water to reach us from downstairs (lots of cold water in the pipes)

TVs used to turn on at the middle of the nite at full volume, and lights would get turned on also in the middle of the nite.

someone was staying upstairs (we didnt tell them about the ghost) and reported the next morning that something was tugging at their toes at night.
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Now THAt'S some seriously wierd ****!

If my smoke alarm went off every morning at 2AM, without a battery, I'd see if the ghost could make it go off after I'd beaten it into tiny pieces with a hammer. The smoke alarm at 2 I just couldn't abide. The rest I could live with.

Comment

Except maybe the TV full volume in the middle of the night. That would be tough to take. Particularly if it was CNN. If it's CNN you know it's demonic.

Comment

Working...
                                X