No announcement yet.

Ghosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that why he appears in the picture with all the ghost at the end?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Heeeere's Johnny!

That is definitely one of the more well thought-out lines in any thriller I've seen.

Comment

• They stole it from Johnny Carson
        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Japher - you what? did I miss something? Nicholson in the 79 movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
            They stole it from Johnny Carson
            Exactly.

It only dawned on me when Carson died earlier this year though, and I got the chance to read a little about his show. I've never seen any of them. But the trademark introduction of him was of course mentioned, and that's when I connected the dots in the Nicholson scene. Funny how it works sometimes.

Comment

• Ed McMann did the announcements, he rocked

now he just gives out money, which sounds like a great job

Carson was a riot, and The Tonight Show has, IMO, gone down hill with Leno... Conan O'Brien will be better
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Japher, the last scene of Nicholson in that movie is him frozen in ice.

Comment

• just aw the scene with the picture. I'm a bit slow tonight.

Comment

• no worries, I'm patient
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

• cool. so what is that one scene all about where she storms up the chairs and sees that old man and person in crazy bear costume?

Comment

• no idea... haven't watched it in a while

maybe this weekend, I have it on DVD

most of the time it's just them freaking out and their imagination getting played with out there in isolation... That hotel is in COlorado, I want to go some day.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• does it exist in real? Overlook Hotel is one cool name

Comment

• Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon offers one of the most exciting and unique high-alpine mountain experiences in North America, a destination offering skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, and lodging in a historic hotel.

Guess it's in Oregon

Saw something about Colorado once...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Timberline is one of those Oregon destinations I've really wanted to see for ages. Shut down in the winter w/caretakers too iirc.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• hmmm not much info on the 'white lady' but scroll down the page for a small entry:

Luckily i can give you more detail.

The tale told localy is a sad one. The white lady is a heart broken young women, probably a nun who may have fallen in love with the wrong guy(obviously being a nun ).

So to hide her shame she jumps from this tower near the main building(its about 25 meters high).

Now for what ever reason this seemingly not evil person gets stuck here as the 'white lady'. She has been recorded being seen around the tower(there is also a small graveyard with a few family tombs near here), and in the gardens of Dartington hall.

Now they have locked the wooden door to the tower, but when i was 'hunting' this ghost you could get in. It was quite cool, a small alter and a few church pews. Probably the family of the great hall used it as a private family church.

I remember suggesting that we sleep in side this small church(its about 10 feet square) - but it never happend, and as i said it i knew i didnt really want to do it!

From what i remember in the 70's a student threw herself of the tower in immitation of the 14th century nun. She was the last recorded case of someone who her friends had said had seen the white lady in the grounds. But since the 14th century there have been a fair few 'mysterious' deaths centered around the tower+gardens and siteings of the 'white lady'.

I was curious why such a soul would become so lethal in death - hoping maybe if we had seen it, to help her break whatever curse she had fallen under(or maybe die in the attempt - it added a certain edge to the event, and we all had a great time, even though we didnt achieve our aim).

Dartington hall is now a fairly prestigous music school(with a bad website).
                                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X